how much are protein powder and where do i get them? (1 Viewer)

commamagnet

HSC
how much are protein powder and where do i get them? i dont want anything online...
tell me some shops where i culd get them..

i need to gain weight badlyyy and is there any other ways to gain weight (no meat)

pls reply soonnn

i need the quickest and most effective way 2 gain weight..

are protein powders really expensive? and where do i buy them

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Well protein shakes won't help unless you work out. You're a guy so I'm guessing you want more muscle = workout.
You can get protein powder at most chemists, woolworths, coles & health food stores.
They get pretty expensive tho, atm I'm spending $25 a week on it. I take 2 drinks a day.

http://www.venomprotein.com/catalog/index.php

4kg for $100. pretty cheap
i'm going to buy it there next time.

Last edited:

synthesized

HSC
N/A
how come you don't want to eat meat but you are okay with protein powders?

also it takes many months to make significant weight gains unless you're happy with putting on heaps of fat.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
synthesized said:
how come you don't want to eat meat but you are okay with protein powders?

also it takes many months to make significant weight gains unless you're happy with putting on heaps of fat.
well you don't exactly want to cook a steak after an intense workout do you?
shakes are just convenient

Some people just an awesome metabolism, no matter how much crap they eat, they just won't get fat.

I started working out about a year ago, drank protein shakes for about 5 months- still counting ~175cm tall @ 59kg.
Today I am, ~177cm tall @ 66-67kg (last time i checked about a month ago).

I have no belly btw in case you think I just got fat. lol
This is coming from an asian =DD w/ an "awesome metabolism"

Last edited:

Nat3skiz

HSC
commamagnet said:
how much are protein powder and where do i get them? i dont want anything online...
tell me some shops where i culd get them..

i need to gain weight badlyyy and is there any other ways to gain weight (no meat)

pls reply soonnn

i need the quickest and most effective way 2 gain weight..

are protein powders really expensive? and where do i buy them
can i ask why no meat?

Because the quickest and most effective way to gain muscle weight is to weight train and eat lots of high protein and carb foods.

sajad07

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
can i ask why no meat?

Because the quickest and most effective way to gain muscle weight is to weight train and eat lots of high protein and carb foods.
i agree with nate

protein is beneficial but trust me, u wnt see results for a long time.

i use 2 eggs milk and honey banana(optional)
most boxers use that combo

Pace_T

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
can i ask why no meat?

maybe he's a vegetarian or something.
someone said if you want muscle you should work out - this is true, but remember that your diet should be you're priority. 70% diet 30% training.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
Is the protein powder from
http://www.venomprotein.com/catalog/index.php good stuff?
It's like 2x cheaper than most brands
I cannot stand body builder. Their body looks very artificial.

I never tried protein powder and I don't think I will ever try them. My friend has one and he drinks it every time he goes to Gym. I think he uses the one that his Gym sells.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
lyounamu said:

I never tried protein powder and I don't think I will ever try them. My friend has one and he drinks it every time he goes to Gym. I think he uses the one that his Gym sells.
lol I don't find those enormous body builders with abnormal sized muscles too good looking either. Well I just train to get bigger and healthy, it's not like I'll ever come close to that pro body builder stage anyways. :lol:

quik.

HSC
The venom protein is not flavoured, so if you drink it straight from water/milk you might gag if you are not man enough [: Nesquik or throwing it in a blender with fruit and stuff means you won't taste it. Oh also, it doesn't come in a tub. I dunno how other ppl store it, I just empty the bags into my old tubs.

If you want to gain weight adding a protein shake after your workout probably won't do it. You have to eat more throughout the whole day. Unless you're vegetarian, meat will prob be a big part of that.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
lol i'm sure it tastes better than my musashi bulk vanilla. << i nearly vomited after mixing it w/ too little milk. The cup wasn't big enough lol. I then tried it with boiling water so it would dissolve the powder and it was even worse. Ended up buying a much larger cup to mix my protein shakes.
i'll probably use my 2.2kg musashi bulk container.. but what about the other 1.8kg. dunno where to store that.

Tsylana

HSC
Theres a place called Chemist warehouse that sells 1.2kg of Musashi protein for $26. Thats relatively cheap cause they're having a sale right now but generally there lke $35 for that much... Also they're selling 750g of creatine for $35 if you really wanna bulk up in a short amount of time use them both =].

quik.

HSC
It comes delivered in two bags, just put one bag in the spare tub and don't open the other.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Tsylana said:
Theres a place called Chemist warehouse that sells 1.2kg of Musashi protein for $26. Thats relatively cheap cause they're having a sale right now but generally there lke $35 for that much... Also they're selling 750g of creatine for $35 if you really wanna bulk up in a short amount of time use them both =].
woah that's really cheap!
but I think i'll save up for the venom powder, probably contains more protein content than musashi.

Oh good.. 2 bags. How long did delivery take? Straight to your door? or do you have to pick it up at the post office?

quik.

HSC
To your door, took a couple days if I remember correctly.

Nat3skiz

HSC
Pace_T said:
maybe he's a vegetarian or something.
someone said if you want muscle you should work out - this is true, but remember that your diet should be you're priority. 70% diet 30% training.
yerh havin a PT uncle you pick up this.
I was just curious cause people try to avoid meat sometimes for bodybuilding due to its fat content.

lyounamu said:

i agree, the lean athletic look is more preferable in my opinion.

MajorLeeScrewed

HSC
There are tubs of protein powder you can get at a chemist. There's this specific one I went to, but I forgot its name. It's not that expensive, actually. I can't remeber the exact volume, but it was at least a kilo, most likely more for $25.

There's a specific one for weight gain too.

quik.

HSC
Building muscle is 70% diet? I dunno... you can eat like a pro, if the training isn't there you'll get bigger, sure... but it won't be muscle.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
You can still get toned and stronger if you eat normally right?
I don't really eat that much tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)