how much could i charge an hour for tutoring with these qualifications. (1 Viewer)

chrisong1

HSC
N/A
99+ atar
non selective high school graduate (nothing special)
Sydney University Law/economic student.
4 unit math 95 plus.
1st year uni student

how much could i charge an hour for math tutoring???

HSC
Uni Grad
Goodwin charges $25 with a year of experience.

But he didn't do 4U and only got an ATAR of 95.15.

bob111

Banned
HSC
N/A
Goodwin charges $25 with a year of experience.

But he didn't do 4U and only got an ATAR of 95.15.
nice to know that I am the standard , so now every tutor is measured relative to me?

lol the fact that I didnt to 4unit makes little difference ( I never said I was going to tutor it ). Also , first year uni maths >> than 4unit maths. Also I am doing alot better at the engineering maths than many people that did 4unit.

Also you would be surprised at how much extra you learn at uni. Even in electrical engineering subjects I have learnt completely different ways of looking at maths topics , in particular trigonmetry and complex numbers , but many other topics as well. I am learning this from my electrical eng subjects , not my maths subjects ( though I am still learning some new interesting ways of looking at shit in my maths subjects too ) , and I am not even into the hard electrical engineering maths yet.

For example, something like " express 4sin(5x + 30 ) + 8cos(5x -10) - 1.5sin(5x +50) - 3cos(5x +270 ) , where the last numbers in each trig function are in degrees , in the form Asin(bx +c ) " is a nightmare using 3unit methods , but cant be done using engineering methods in about 1minute

@OP: you arent even doing science or engineering at uni , I would be a better tutor than you

Last edited:

bob111

Banned
HSC
N/A
Best Eastern suburbs tutoring.
yup, and bloody no one on here even lives within 1hour of the ocean, bet you guys have never seen sand or anything.

All in the west , getting stabbed by hobos

chrisong1

HSC
N/A
no-ones actually answered my questions someone plz answer the actual question.
to add-
i have 0 hours of experience
i want to teach yrs 1-12

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
What are your qualifications?
90 atar
Credit average 3rd year mathematics at a go8 uni
Distinction average honors stream at ANU
Experience as a teachers assistant in general Maths y12
300 hours of voluntary and private tuition including special education

Learning Maths at uni 2nd year plus is prob equiv to 90+ in 4u

To OP look at tutorfinder.com.au and base it on people near you, I started at 20

jnney

lemon
HSC
well you need to start off at $20/hr. get feedback from your students.

X

xeuyrawp

When I was tutoring for my the majority of my income (soon after HSC for ~3 years) I slowly increased my prices from $20/hr to $50 depending on whom and what was being taught and where. Before I left Australia late last year I privately tutored uni students a university-level subject for $35/hr and did so either on-campus or at my house.

But it really depends - I remember going through a phase of giving people their first hour free. It worked for a bit until around exam time when students freaking out would want one/two sessions cramming.

I mean it's an issue of supply and demand really. $35/hr really worked for me because it was reasonable for my experience with the subject matter and got me too many students due to recommendations.

geni3

Banned
HSC
N/A
u cnt charge anything u dumb fail, u are bout to fail, if anything u need a tutor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)