How much do u guys spend on tutoring & college ? (1 Viewer)

bubblesss

HSC
marcquelle said:
i don't know about your schools but my teachers provide tutoring for free from teachers (cause many of our teachers are qualified in multiple feilds. Has anyone considered speaking to your actual teachers. But i also recieve maths tutoring from a friend who is doing his maters in some maths degree.
wow lucky u!!!!!!!1 to get free tutoring!!!!!!!!!!!
wish i had someone like that!!!!!!!!!!!1:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
that actually really sucks, i don't see why your teachers don't tutor for free, its their job to provide assistance and education. From what i have read they haven't been fufilling thier obligations

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Real Madrid said:
The challenge is getting people's attention. :hammer:

Oh and yes, I caught up. Indeed it is my responsibility.

Heres a challenge:

Intelligence and general smartness are two different things.
If you are intelligent you will find things easy to understand and translate.
Having a tutor 'teach' you doesn't make you intelligent, it just makes you smart.
When it comes to real-life situations, smartness is nothing without application. By saying so, your tutor won't be standing next to you when you do bypass surgery on one's heart.
Improve your intelligence by understanding and asking yourself why?

Einstein was not smart at high school, but he had the potential to think in ways other people couldn't.:hammer:
Stop contradicting yourself, or at least learn something out of what people say. Why do you think people get tutorings for? To waste their money? It's to learn! It's to understand the concept, the contents, theories, formulas and all sorts of other things! So, if we take that as "understanding" doesn't that increase our intelligence? And people who get tutorings don't just rely on tutoring! They work independently to varying degress!

Duh...

Are you seriously intellectually challenged? Intelligence and general smartness may be different but they are closely related. You nurture your own intelligence by improving on your general smartness.

And once you get into Medicine course and do all sorts of university studies, you bloody learn how to cut the damn body! If all you have is intelligence (what you sort of refer to as "natural talent"), you will kill the patient!

Through consistent learning and repeating the information you learnt, you increase your knowledge which in turn improves your intelligence. And if you really want to provide a decent example, don't just provide some really ridiculous ones. Einstein was not "smart" at school as you mentioned but do you think he would have got to what he is now without help and all the efforts? He even mentioned tonnes of times. Here we go: "The only source of knowledge is experience" - Albert Einstein and it's through tutoring that some people also get that extra source of knowledge, get it? even though tutoring is not the only way.

Let me quote another genius called Thomas Edison. He said "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration". What do you think that means? Does it ever say that natural intelligence is the only way to go?

I am afraid that your post is totally pwned. Just in case you tell me to re-read your post, there is no need to. Your post is full of crap and full of contradictions. Damn, I hate arguing with the disabled.:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
I would just like to add, that tutoring allows more one-on-one teaching, therefore allowing students, who may be in situations where they are in large classes and do not get the attention they require from their teacher, to receive the assistance from tutors who are able to dedicate their time to just one student (or a small group).

Teacher's are not mind-readers. They are unable to tell if everyone understands the work, but in a class with many other students that are loud etc, a quiet student can be overlooked, and the teacher might just think that everyone agrees just because the loud students say so.

I personally didn't attend tutoring but I did see my teachers after class and stuff in order to get the required assistance.

It's up to you to if you think you need or want tutoring. You have to do what you think is best for you, no one else can decide nor have the right to say anything bad to you about it.

HSC
$35 every fortnight for french tutoring cos i need to practice speaking desperately. don't know if i will keep it up in year 12 but i don't need a tutor for my other subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)