• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much do you study? (1 Viewer)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Just wondering how many hours each day other university students, both new and old, study?

I'm thinking I'll probably do around 4 or so hours on my off days, since I only have tutes/lectures 3 days a week.

How about you guys?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Haven't touched a book yet but will do soon.

I've got 4 day weekends and 3 days with uni, with the 4 days being Saturday -> Tuesday.
Thinking of doing 2hrs each weekend day, 3 hours maybe/per day the rest.. but i'll have to check the workload first.. not sure how much i need to study etc

terminator69

HSC

I've got 4 day weekends and 3 days with uni, with the 4 days being Saturday -> Tuesday.
Thinking of doing 2hrs each weekend day, 3 hours maybe/per day the rest.. but i'll have to check the workload first.. not sure how much i need to study etc
1-2 hours a day.

glache

HSC
N/A
Pfft you don't need to study that much unless you don't go to lectures or go to lectures but don't absorb anything. I found attending all my lectures + stuvac was enough. I'm seriously not that smart, still ended up with a solid credit average.

Climactic

HSC
Pfft you don't need to study that much unless you don't go to lectures or go to lectures but don't absorb anything. I found attending all my lectures + stuvac was enough. I'm seriously not that smart, still ended up with a solid credit average.
How old are you, what did you do at uni?

fishfingerz

HSC
I bummed around hsc yr so I didn't get into the course i wanted. So I'm 'planning' to study around 4-5 hrs a day to get the required gpa to transfer.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I bummed around hsc yr so I didn't get into the course i wanted. So I'm 'planning' to study around 4-5 hrs a day to get the required gpa to transfer.
Nice.

Btw Everton are going to beat Newcastle tonight lol u mad?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Homework or "study study"?

I usually spend 2.5 hours to prepare my law class readings for each class (including making class notes), there's 2 law subjects, total 4 law classes per week so approx 10 hours per week just for law. I have 2 more accounting subjects which generally take 1.5 hr to do their tutorial homework so roughly 13 hours of studying per week.

I don't really "study study" unless an assessment is coming up or during stuvac. But there's a lot assessments during the semester so I'd probably say on average i need to spend 15 hours of studying per week. Note my degree has only 14 contact hr per week.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
holy shit, what the fuck?!

i cant believe some of you guys actually spend hours upon hours studyin... attending lectures + tutorials + stuvac is in itself more than enough..

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I try and study atleast one to three hours per day. It just depends on the subject and whether I have a grasp of what I'm suppose to know or not, and whether there are any assignments or exams (in which case hours go up dramatically).

Deathless

HSC
Haven't studied yet. But I gotta start soon since I do a language and that needs regular practice -_- and I do a Maths subject...

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I have heard so many things about languages being difficult but really interesting lol. What language are you doing?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

reading this back now.. wishful thinking and it's what i said last hsc year. I'll be lucky to do half of that imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)