how much does your rents' pay for your schooling and extra activities?! (1 Viewer)

HSC
god is this is embarrassing...

5 hours of maths/science/english tuition-$75
1 hr of drums-$55
total per week $130
plus school fees-$5000/annum

do you parents go out of their way to fund your learning? i feel really guilty cause frankly i cant give a art-tard about any of my subs... yet their spending so much... this isnt normal is it? list your extra activities

peace.x

sleepplease

HSC
My rents pay for my school fees - $800 p/a and for french tute $60 p/w

and I pay for cello $45 p/w

But cello is going to stop for a while. I'm running out of cash and am not working any more.

sayrah64

HSC
hmm.. well my parents don't pay nearly as much as other people in this thread
I go to a public school, I don't have tutors for any subjects and I don't play an instrument..lol
my parents just have to pay for school excursions and general school supplies and textbooks.

Kiim2507

HSC
School fees I guess...but since I go to a public school it's like $500 for the year =|
Maths lessons $50 p/w
Soccer, which is like a one off $120 fee or something for the year
They used to pay for driving lessons which was like $65 per lesson, but I got my P's now =D
My dad pays for all my car stuff - insurance, petrol etc and I guess that's pretty expensive but I don't really do anythign else outside of school

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
sayrah64 said:
hmm.. well my parents don't pay nearly as much as other people in this thread
I go to a public school, I don't have tutors for any subjects and I don't play an instrument..lol
my parents just have to pay for school excursions and general school supplies and textbooks.
Same here. Although I pay for myself, which sucks.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't know what my school fees were exactly but by year 12 they were probably about $15,000 for the year.

Right now my parents pay my uni fees which are almost $3000 a session and my textbooks which are anywhere between $100 and $500 a session. So maybe $6000 a year.

HSC
yeah my parents paid heaps for my schooling too...

i thinks its just azn parents, they force their childern to do tutoring, piano etc.. lols

haha..its so typical =].

OH well it makes you learn and grow =]

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
I'm doing maths english and chem at prior soon, currently I do maths, each course is about $5500/yr and I also have a chem tutor $60/hr/w. Our school fees are soo low, probably around $1000/yr, I'm really learning heaps from it so it's worth it but maybe you should stop wasting your parents' money or get your act together

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
I'm doing maths english and chem at prior soon, currently I do maths, each course is about $5500/yr and I also have a chem tutor $60/hr/w. Our school fees are soo low, probably around $1000/yr, I'm really learning heaps from it so it's worth it but maybe you should stop wasting your parents' money or get your act together

yosemite sam

HSC
public school - $85/semester fees
piano lessons - $20/week
italian - $35/hour (infrequently)

Evilo

HSC
yeah for $60/hr id expect "a little bit more" than chem tutoring.
Having said that, the tutor could be really really good - and if people are prepared to pay - then good luck to them.

bambaffled

my car =).. i have a house, but it's not my home
HSC
My term fee's are around $4500. I used to do tutoring, 3 lessons a week 45 each, and I used to do driving lessons, up until i got my P's they were 35 an hour, but i usually done two hours at a time, and i used to do like 3-5 lessons a week.

my parents now pay for car things, except the extra stuff.. like they pay for 50 buks petrol, thats about how much i use to and from school, and wherever else i need to go, but if im going out for fun i pay for any extra petrol use. I don't do driving lessons any more, and I don't do any more tutoring. and I pretty much pay for everything else. all other essential items my parents pay for. I get my youth allowance(I don't have a job), so my parents don't give me allowance

Last edited:

eff.

HSC
school fees - approx $5000 per term
tutoring - for eng $1080 per term
textbooks - approx $200

waysted

HSC
Haha wouldn't it be nice to be as spoilt as you people. My mum hasn't paid even paid my school fees since year 9, let alone some of the shit you guys get. I hope you people are extremely grateful to your parents.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Tiffanys said:
$1000 a year is low for school fees? My school fees were like 50 - 100 bucks a year. And at least part of that was voluntary.
Public education for the win.

neafoo

HSC
My dad pays for the internet + the shopping. I pay my own way the rest of the time (inc. uni etc.)

7th Sign

HSC
sum times my parents might give me 20 bucks for petrol some weeks I get it some weeks I don't...

But yeah they did pay some cash for tutors when I did the HSC..

But seriously when I was in year 10 I wanted my own computer I had to pay for it, and now my lil sis in year 12 now when she wanted a computer last week my parents gave her 800 for one ..

I dunno my parents don't pay for shit in terms of buying me a car, their like buy it yourself and if something stuff up I pay for it + insurance and rego and all that..

If you are given too much you don't respect money as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)