How much effort required? (1 Viewer)

workerdude85

HSC
N/A
i never studied in school, except 3 days before exams and did assignments a week before due and managed a uai in mid 60's.

i think i am quite a intelligent person maybe not academically but hey i never put effort into before and willing to / i must this time around, i know i have potential to be intelligent in a commerce course, because this was where i got band 5 or 6 (2nd highest) and i have keen interest only in this field, sure i need to tidy up my english essay writing though, but i doubt accounting major requires much essay writing though???

edit: i actually got 64 according to some papers i have. i know this isnt great but with limited effort, i think i do have what it takes afterall, because i feel 2-3 sometimes 4 hour study is very reasonable very reasonable indeed,but 7 is way too much.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
60 uai is good enough for uws, you're in

workerdude85

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
60 uai is good enough for uws, you're in
commerce/business is 80, and accounting is 73. i personally would prefer UTS, reason why i enrolled in tafe is because i feel is cheaper option, and i will have time to tidy up my study skills.

btw, so you do think this guide uni websites give is not right? i mean hell they expect you to do 1.5-2 hour study for each unit which all up equals roughly 36 hours? insane, are these blatant lies to scare students into studying or what?

http://www.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/studyabroad/study/workload.shtml

see what i mean?

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
um i dunno depends what you are doing

maybe 30mins per cp if it's hard depdning on what type of assessments you have

workerdude85

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
um i dunno depends what you are doing

maybe 30mins per cp if it's hard
commerce, major in accounting or financial planning these are what i feel i would love to study at the moment.

workerdude85

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
maybe 30mins per cp if it's hard depdning on what type of assessments you have
thats bloody too easy, 2.4 hours per day? i mean lectures/tutes take up max 15 hours a week 12.5 hours study, thats less than full time work, i used to do 45-55hours. haha, i am starting to feel really confident i just need to develop effective study habits and essay writing ^^

i knew 7 hours a day study was too insane!!!!

HSC
you won't really know how much study and the like you will need to do until you get to uni. some find it easy and do hardly any study and get D average, others need to do insane amounts of study just to get a C.

seriously, see how you go in TAFE, because that will be a good an indication as any seeing as though we have really dont have much idea how smart you are. i think uni would be similar workload just harder.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i think it just depends on the person and the degree you're doing...like, i did pretty well in high school, worked pretty hard, etc, but now i'm doing hardly any real study and i'm doing okay still. depends what you're good at. if i was doing a maths degree i would just die and drop out, but some people are really ace at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)