How much has your BOW cost? (1 Viewer)

Uggy

i just got a quote for my BOW, for getting it framed/mounted and everything and its going to cost $500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats with a discount for being a school student. i think im going to tell my principal that im not paying school fees for a while. its so fucken steep! plus i bought material, and all this extra paper so its maybe $600 all round. If i dont get good marks i will seriously cry. i think spendng that much money is worth getting into art express, regardless of the quality hehe.

so yeah how much has/will yours cost?

tash

lalalala
HSC
wow that's really expensive. to get all mine framed it cost about $80 and then i also bought canvas and paper, paints etc so that was all probably about $200 (and they're good quality stuff) but i had alot of it anyway. you must either be framing really massive stuff or heaps of works

Universal

HSC
N/A
Trust me that isn't that bad..
I've spent $700+ and a girl in my class has spent upwards of $1300. No Joke.
Digital and a Photographic Printing is so very costly if you want it done right. Everyone has exceeded their Budget but with V.A there's not much you can do about it... you can't exactly stop your bow half way.

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
we got told at the start of Term 4, last yr, that we EACH get a $200 budget from the school... (seeing as there is only like, 5 people in my class)

but see, our progress as a class has been really really really shit and we're so behind in everything. its all a mess, no one's really started buying any big expensive materials, (most are still in the "experimental stage") just using cheap crap from the faculty.

i dont know how the $200 budget works though. but some of us have bought our own little things, like wood for sculpture and fabric etc... but really, the teachers havent asked for receipts to claim or anything.

UNTIL i get my digital prints done, i havent spent anything over $20 (some paint)...YET...

Viper626

Wow, that's alot of money, but I guess the amount of money sent on your B.O.W will utimately determine the quailty of materials and therefore will utimately determine the final outcome of your work.

I can say that I have $200 allow of just paints, that's alot but I hope it's worth in the end!!!

Good Luck =))

Uggy

Originally posted by Universal
Trust me that isn't that bad..
I've spent $700+ and a girl in my class has spent upwards of $1300. No Joke.
That makes me feel better... hehe. I think in my class ive spent the most money. i wish our school gave us a budget! But their such tight arses... oh well. and yeah im doing 150cm x 90cm, 150cm x 70cm and 150cm x 60 works, just 3. actually i better get back to it, i have to have it all into the framers soon, preferably today. The whole things due next thursday

guy

HSC
about $40 on artline pens and my teacher gets me good paper. heh
i was gonna buy director, which would put me in the lead (like $2000) but i think i'll deal with academic version if i can't download it somewhere

pri

HSC
N/A
no you dont really need to frame or mount, ppl do anyway coz they think it will get them marks...no offense if anyone is, Im jsut too cheap to :p

my total cost is somewhere in the ball park of $150, as I did drawing and paintings so it didnt cost too much.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
mine last year cost around 400-450 bux all up. around 3/4 of that went on digital printing and laminating, some on perspex stuff i had made, some on framing stuff. i mounted my stuff myself, so that saved me some $$$. i think i was the most expensive in the class... although a friend of mine spent alot on big canvases and nice oil paints...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
u can get it framed but it can't be framed in glass i think. but nah it's not really necessary cos it's just extra money realy..

yeh i did photography/digital stuff too so it cost a lot, i think the last budget-count i did was almost $1000, and that was about a month before i'd finished..... =(

oh and about half of it was out of my own money, the rest the school paid for mwahaha

Uggy

i only had to get mine framed because it was part of the concept. ive got about 6 drawings in each of the 3 panels that all go together. like the first one is based on venus of willendorf, so i have a weaving, a lino print, and about 4 drawings. the 2nd one is based on the birth of venus, so i have a weaving, a lino print, and 5 drawings. the last ones the same cept based on shy venus. and they all had to be grouped together.... to make it conceptually stronger.

i could have done it myself, but im absolutly hopeless with maths, and measuring, and cutting for that matter, so now im in debt forever to my parents.

i didnt know that people thought framing got them extra marks...? god, i wouldnt pay $500 for marks that i dont deserve, if i got extra for framing.

hahhaha
luckily i didn't do photography aye? so costly and if u get a pinprck or a lil smudge then u gotta get rid of it. i know b/c my friend does photography and its stressful!!
my boards cost me 60 $$$$ all up. paint is from school, equipment from school, and lil bits are from around my house.

DC10

all i had to pay for atm is my school art fees for yr 12 and that was like 50 bucks :) everything provided (cardboard paper for drawing, charcoal pencil etc.)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
argh yeah, like i would've loved to not had to fork out hundreds of dollars but i sucked dick at anything but photography, so i had to do it.

yeah livingdeadgirl you're so right, the smallest littlest dust spot on my photo's would piss me off so much i'd have to chuck it out and re-do them again :(

that's the prob with doin photography in the HSC you've gotta be really particular cos the technical component is really ipmortant in photography..

craz

HSC
you guys are really fortunate. I have to pay about $50-100 for it to go down to Aus in the first place and money if i want to frame it. If my artwork gets broken or damaged in anyway, the board is not liable and i dont get a mark. u guys really are lucky!!!!!!!! i have to send in photos either that or my VAPD...in case my paintings get damaged.

DC10

o well at least it's better than studying in the singapore or hongkong education system, where everything's so damn hard :rolleyes: :D

Chloe

We don't have to pay for anything...There is only 4 in our class and we would have all spent upward 200 bux each already...Thats what a school is for get everything out of 'em that you can;)

craz

HSC
Originally posted by DC10
o well at least it's better than studying in the singapore or hongkong education system, where everything's so damn hard :rolleyes: :D
so true :) ;) it is. im glad im doing the hsc and not the equivalent HKCEE which is far too hard for someone who only knows enough cantonese to get by. Ah well...Victoria next year!

niks88

shit, i cant believe the money spent on some of ur bow's, our class only has 4 in it this year, small skool, and we get everything provided, our skool puts most of the art budget into yr 12 students too, only thing i am paying for is my fees like 50 bux , and because i have to get it externally as our art dep doesnt have it, perspex which i only need a small amount of anyways. framing/mounting wise, no offence but i cant really see the point in spending soo much money unless it was extremely important to ur work, otherwise i wouldnt bother, i dont think framing and mounting will ultimately mean art express, i think its the conceptual and material quality of ur actual work that counts, or so im told...i dunno, maybe it helps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)