How much has your BOW cost? (1 Viewer)

clairethebear

BOW costs

I'm doing photography and it was only $50 to get a large matt board (including window mounting) and 2 small ones. I was pretty pleased with that!:D

DC10

i know this could be a little out of context, although i hope the artworks are marked in terms of their concept, artmaking skills and how well it expresses it, because if artworks are going to get a higher mark if it has 'a lot of money' spent on it, then doesn't this disadvantage the poorer candidates? :rolleyes: :D

just my 2 cents, ;) (excuse the pun :p - must be the english trial exams)

clairethebear

bow costs

I agree with DC10. It shouldn't matter how much money you spend on you artwork, because people with more money have an advantage over others then. I think also, living in the country myself and others are disadvantaged in a range of aspects, but mainly the availability of materials. To get my artwork done, I have had to send numerous films to places like Sydney and Melbourne to be developed because we do not have the facilities here. I know I shouldn't whinge about it, but I'm just pointing it out as a disadvantage. Good luck everyone doing their BOW!!!:D

tash

lalalala
HSC
they can't mark people who spent more on theirs because they have no idea how much you spent on it anyway. it's not like they're going to go 'oh he/she looked like like they spent quite a bit on their work- we'll give him/her a few more marks'

perfect crime

Mine has cost alot! i did digital photography at the airport, and to get that i needed to get public liability insurance to the value of $20 Million!! And then in materials i've spent over 150 on paper and about 200 on ink cartridges:) which isnt that much but then ive got 800 more to spend on printing @ COFA (Yay for student discount)

jaNetix

u ppl that spend money on ur works are freaks!
i guess it not ur choice ay?

ive doen all up abt 15 works...abt 10 on canvas....and a LOT of paint used....i have not paid one cent.....my skool provides everything i need...but all ask for is apint and canvas really....but yeh...my total buget is $0 ! ! ! and i luv it!

clairethebear

Janetix:
Ever considered that not everyone at every school can have things purchased for them........so slow down with the "freaks" comment........yes you're right, it's not our choice.....:(

jaNetix

i use the word 'freaks' referring to the ppl that spend obscene amounts of money...if i was goin 2 frama mine, then id have 2 pay...that wouldnt be an out of this world amount...however some ppl go all out......wen they kinda dont need to......but hey....wateva makes u happy!
cheers!

Uggy

sometimes spending more money means looking better, but no way people would get marks for how mcuh they spent, i had no idea framing would cost so much, but at least all my drawings are set up good done professionally (not dodgy like id do it) and i can stick it up in my house, enter it in art comps etc, with out having to mount it and protect it all the time.

but money has nothing to do with talent, some people in sure could use the crappiest materials and still make the most talented/beautiful work ever. and my school would never DREAM of spending more money than needed on art supplies for yr 12s. i have to beg paint off my teacher, because i want to use it for DRAMA and not art sometimes. grrrrrrrrr

djfadz

yeah mine has cost soo much i think all up it will easily get over $1300 over a long span of time but it is still bloody expensive just for an artwork you can see it in the topic BOW Pics so yeah mine has cost me quite a bit

Dj-FaDz

Uggy

god damn tell me about it!! i dont own one piece of uniform that doesnt have a huge paint stain on it, not even my school shoes are clean after today. hehe my little sister can wear it next year

jaNetix

im pretty relaxed...only gotta finish off 2...if i want to...
my art teach has given me a maek of 18/20 for the last prac assessment...but theres still one more part 2 mark the V.A.p.d..usually kill that..
so i fell good bout art

ext hist due on monday...now thats another story.....

MrMiK

hah.
k well i paid a bit here and there..
but 2 canvas' were free, and a chair (dont ask)
only got $30 of paint cuz i hav the rest allready (acrylic)
and bout $5.50 for a board
oo.. but i dont work.. im broke.
and YES. whoeva sed u gota scab from skool.. thats the way..
but only a cupl more weeks to scab stuff... awww :( how will i survive.
-neways. BOW on mon.. im SKREWD
-as 4 tha stains.. get over it. not much skol left neways

Abraxus

HSC
Whoa!

That makes my $110 look pretty ordinary then, doesn't it?

Jase

HSC
um .. isn't this thread from last year?

haha oh well. I just take stuff from the school. + 10 dollars spent on canvases in 2dollar shops.

frazzle

HSC
I've spent around $300,

$255 of which went to printing.

not THAT bad!

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
125 on printing
35 on mdf
50 on eyes droplet

not too bad i guess, a friend of mine also did digital photography, she spend 1k on printing.. wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)