How much should you be studying in the hoildays? (1 Viewer)

Steven88

HSC
N/A
How much should you be studying in the hoildays?..I was talking to someone who did there HSC recently and they said about 9hours!!1.....wtf!! I cant do that...I was wondering have you guys like made a timetable....How much should I study...Cause truthly I dont wanna at all!!

alita

HSC
I don't know, I try to do as much as I can, as long as I know I'm trying my best I'll be happy with whatever mark I get. I could never study 9 hours a day! In my opinion thats overdoing it, but I guess if you've been bludging all year it might be neccessary. Only you really know how prepared you are and what your marks are like at the moment. I probably do about 4 hours a day on average, although some days I do more, and sometimes less. I think as long as I'm consistant with this I'll be fine. :) I'm only doing 2 subjects though as I'm doing pathways...

HSC
miss_gtr said:
.....but i dont classify writing notes as studying.
then what is studying? doing exercises? that reminds me i need to finish an exercise on parametrics.

tempco

HSC
9 hours... that's quite a lot. but if you're cramming, you don't have much choice.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
damnation said:
me=finishing MW asap
so as long as that takes
damnation indirectly rubbs it in our faces... lol

I'm actually planning on doing quite alot of study these holidays... i need to study at least 7 out of my 10 units in the 2 weeks holidays...

and to do that i need to spend at least 12-15 hours a day.. of course that's not solid study... but out of the 12-15 hours i'd probably get 9-12 hours... maybe less... depending on my mood...

I need to push my marks up and i know that to do that i need to study my head of for my trials... this is seriously my last chance to prove to the teachers just how capable I am and to give myself a good indication of just how prepared I am for the actual HSC exams... therefore i think it's worth the hard effort.. and thus I am willing to sacrifice a few extra hours study a day... noting that i will still be able to have a life during the holiday

and no I havn't been bludging throughout the year... I've actually been working really hard... everyone has different study patterns... and some people can study more effectively and efficiently than others... but i like to take things easy... sometimes i may find i need to read over a paragraph literaly 7 times.. so that i may absorb what it's actually saying... but generally it's just heads down for me right now...

who cares about having a holiday... u'll get a 4 month holiday after the HSC... I'm not saying kill urself studying... actually i'm not saying anything...

meh.. just an expression of thought

monique66

Haha...i wasn't trying to rub anything in your face! :D
and physician you sound like a hard worker, everything will flow your way if you put in the hard yards! I wish i was as motivated as you!

And btw guys, good luck for the trials!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
im planning on getting my drafts for ext2eng and histext out of the way before my report/reflection statement are due.

oh I also have to start writing notes for eco and modern
maths i dont write notes, just practice qns from every txtbk i can get my hands on

Mandy101

HSC
I'm studying from 9am-6pm each day (excluding days that I work and do other stuff). Each person will need different study periods though compared to others depending on each person's level of procrastination, attention span and stuff they need to get done.

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
since i have studied continuously, have my notes all written

prolly 4 hours a day, most days,... actually, since my trials are in 4 weeks, one subject a day should do it for me... just keep alternating, practice questions etc...

for example, 2day

english... did 3 practice hsc questions and i will get my english teacher too look over later on

wed.. i'll do 2unit mahts so prolly only 2 hours that day...

I've was told last year to find a balance in work and rest/play... well i did that for my half yearlies, i didn't go overboard and went in to every exam saying... i know i have studied, and i'll accept whatever i get...

it worked

stainmepink

HSC
Steven88 said:
How much should you be studying in the hoildays?..I was talking to someone who did there HSC recently and they said about 9hours!!1.....wtf!! I cant do that...I was wondering have you guys like made a timetable....How much should I study...Cause truthly I dont wanna at all!!

i reckon a good 4+ hours is enough. 9 hours? pfft. losers.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I've mae myself a very nice stuy timetable, nice and neat with breaks time tabled in and I know exactly what I want to do at any given time... I'm a bit of a perfectionist freak when it comes to timetables. I've tried to get a lot of work done early morning (7am being early for me :p) so that I still have evenings to either go out with friends or just chill and watch some TV.
I don'twork at all, so it's easy for me to get a good 6-7 hours a day if I want to, which I have scheduled fora couple of days, other than that I'm just trying to not overloa myself, but do enough that I feel comfortable going into my trial exams.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
i read somewhere a couple of dudes did 16 hours everyday and they got 99.94 or something, so that will be 16 hours a day--hopefully.
wish me lcuk!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
HotShot said:
i read somewhere a couple of dudes did 16 hours everyday and they got 99.94 or something, so that will be 16 hours a day--hopefully.
wish me lcuk!
some ppl can do half that time and still end up with a UAI of100 ... it really depends on the person... but hey i say if u think u should be doing that much.... then go for it.. Good luck.. by the way was this for thier trials.. or during StuVac?.....just curious

For me it's simple really, if i don't put in the hours i won't get results... and cramming isn't a priority so i'll need to extend the hours so i can spread the workload... hence why i'm doing a large chunk of hours everyday

and someone previously called ppl doing 9 hours 'losers' .. let me tell u something... NOT EVERYONE WANTS THE SAME THING... and NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME CAPABILTIES... some smart ppl may be doing 9 hours in order to achieve that 99 + UAI.. some smart ppl may not need to put in that many hours and still achieve the equivalent... These are the trials... and marks aren't just gonna come to u.. u need to work for them and every single person knows their own capabilties and just how many hours they need to put in so that they may achieve what they want/need to do their desired course...

If ur not getting 100 in every subject then obviously there's either something u don't understand... u may simply need more practice... or u havn't been working hard enough.... or it could be all combined... if u work hard enough to get 100 u'll either get it.. or come close.. hence why some ppl may be putting so much effort and study time every day.. some ppl may need to lift that 70 to an 80... which obviously means more sacrifice...some ppl may simply have chosen subjects which don't best fit them.. and are stuck and the only choice they have is to study study study...

everyone has their reasons/needs/capabilties... and pls don't call ppl doing 9 hours losers... I say if u need to do so many hours then so be it.. and if u don't need to do so many hours then so be it also... everyone is different...

HSC
2 hours before 12pm
2 hours between 12-5
3 hours between 5-12

I tried to follow that and I got about 4-5 hours out of sunday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)