How much studying do you think we should do? (1 Viewer)

bobs_ur_granma

HSC
My year adviser suggests that we should do at least 6 hours of study/ homework but I find that really impossible because I hav basketball and tennis training plus the games, I work 2 days a week, I'm on my L's so I'm trying to get up my hours, and It takes me an hour to get home.

What about you guys, how do you find the time? maybe I just need better time management.

Any helpfull suggestions???

felafel

geez, i can't believe your year advisor would suggest such a thing!

i hate to say this but it's different for everbody - pay attention in class, you'll need less time to go over notes at home, but sleep or muck around, you'll need more hours at home!

every time you sit down to study, i suggest you have an amibitious to-do list, and a realistic to-do list - i found that helped a lot

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
6 hours is too much, unless he means including school hours, which is too little... :confused:
you HAVE to do all your homework. and if you have time do a lot of practise especially for maths.
the important thing is to understand everything you have been taught, and to remember. it doesn't matter how long you take to do it, if you can do it, you'll be fine :)

firehose

HSC
6 hours of study a day... hmm it'd be great if u'r up for it. If u totally don't want to do that much then disregard that advice coz it'll never work by forcing urself at the desk for that long when u want to be doing something else. For the majority of us the HSC mostly relies on ability anyway.

sladehk

le random
HSC
Hmmmm. What knid of year advisor says "6 hours"? That's like goign to school for 6 hours and then studying for another 6 = 12 hours. Therefore, you're studying/working half the day!!!

bobs_ur_granma

HSC
yeah, i thought that that amount of study was crazy, I normally only hav time to complete my homework

fakingtheday

HSC
and most people sleep for 8 hours, that leave four hours for other shit. You wouldn't find enough to do, going to school 6 hours then summarising your work. Unless you did practise papers, essays and other shit which would do nothing but burn you out before end of term.

sladehk

le random
HSC
I only sleep for 6 hours max a day
;(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
apparently we're supposed to do 1 and a half hours per unit per week (according 2 our school diaries) which comes to about 18 hours or so a week, which is only really like 2 and a bit hours a day. i follow this pretty well and it works. 6 hrs a day is overkill, you're not doing anything but stressing out brain cells that you'll need come exam time. just do what feels right for you.

HSC
i do my homework as soon as i get it, which means the first few days of the week i mdoing 2 hours a day, and thu/fri its only 1hr

dont forget it depends on your subjects, someone doing relatively easy subjects likes me doesnt get along, but someone doing extension maths, eng etc.. get bombarded with HW, but too them its like study too because its done so often

see im feeling bad not doingalot of work, so im going too buy past papers book and just hammer them, i feel better studying more, its a wierd feeling but ill use it too my advantage ;)

jt.

HSC
FUCK THAT. If you did 6 hours there should be no excuse to not get 100 UAI.

fire away

Banned
HSC
i got 89.4 uai

i didnt study at all

apart from the day b4 assessment tasks, and about a week leading up 2 the exams

just pay attention and do the work in class

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nobody does 6 hours. 2-3 a night should be sufficient imo.

CrashOveride

HSC
withoutaface said:
Nobody does 6 hours. 2-3 a night should be sufficient imo.
Im sure most JR kids would be doing 6 this time of year =p

I myself did no work up until about 2 months prior to the HSC...then i would have been doing about 10 hours a day =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)