How much u wrote and wat mark u expect ? (1 Viewer)

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
Sleiphnir said:
I used Word. We were forced to use fucking notepad for our other assessments, but the yellow guidelines for provisions say you should be able to underline, bold, italicise, create grids + insert page breaks and as far as I know you can't do the last in wordpad (they had spellcheck turned off btw)
How about the built in thesaurus? or did they disable right clicking or something..

still you're damn lucky, typing > writing, and it's so much easier to go back and add extra bits in later if you forget them! grrr.

licia101

HSC
section 1 - 7 page
section 2 - 14 pages
section 3 - 8 pages

i'm looking or rather hoping for around 40/45

Dr_Doom

HSC
Section I: Almost full booklet
Section II: Full booklet + last blank page lol, cbf asking for a new booklet just for 1 page.
Section III: Full booklet

Ricky09

HSC
Section one - 6 pages
Section two - 10 pages
Section three - 12 pages

I thought i did well. Hopefully 35+.

First in standard. Hopefully can push a 35 or more. Got 40 in the trial.

Last edited:

Royalist

HSC
Section 1: 1 Booklet - 12-13/15
Section 2: 11 pages - 13-14/15
Section 3: 8 pages - 11-12/15

Should do fine.
Bring on Modules!

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
i managed write neat!!
section 1: 6-7 pages
section 2: 10 pages (word count is around 1500 (prepared stori was 1303, had to ad heaps of crap))
section 3: 10 pages, (word count is 1700 (prepared was 1656, dah had to include the stupid stuff in the quote, repeated it everywhere)

aiming to do well in modules and be one of the special ppl 2 get band 6 in standard english. *fobby pose* yeah....

*nah........*

Naylyn

HSC
section 1 - 5 pages
section 2 - 7 pages
section 3 - 8 pages

I think I did the best I have ever done in an english exam, if I'm right i should get 40+ , otherwise some where between 30 and 40...

Benmc

HSC
Is it just all the smart people who use Bored Of Studies??
Geez....20 something pages? I don't think anyone in my school even wrote more that 20.

Anyway: About 8 words per line.
Section 1: 4.5 pages - 11-12/15
Section 2: 4.5 pages - 11-12/15
Section 3: 6 Pages - 12-13/15

Hopefully thats what i get.
Cheers

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
did u do the tests in computers or something? how do u know how many pages u wrote?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
ronaldinho said:
did u do the tests in computers or something? how do u know how many pages u wrote?
u just count them. there is 8 pages per booklet

melaniemelanie

HSC
sect. 1 - 7pages - 12/15
sect. 2 - 9 pages - 13/15
sect. 3 - 12 pages - 13/15

roughly, i hope!

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
FAR OUT guys
Your hands must hate you so much.

Section One = 4 pages (omg and I thought that was pretty okay...)
Section Two = 8 pages (I was chuffed)
Section Three = 9 and a tiny bit pages (I was impressed and started bragging...)

Like that other guy said though...I hope they're basing it on quality, not quantity..

Oh and..I know you guys weren't taking a stab at all the special provisions people but...
My friend is probably the smartest and most articulate person I know, but she suffers from Chronic Fatigue and a whole bunch of other thigns that means that when she gets stressed adrenaline pumps through her body and most of her organs simply dont function properly. She cant see or think properly, and so exams pretty must bum her out completely.

She gets to take strawberries into the exam and have break and a computer and her own room. And I think that she performs up to the standard she can, which is still probably below other people because she jsut cant get words onto paper.

I...I dont really think it's fair that people take advantage of it, because it cheapens the system that is trying to help sick people like Merryn. It just seems a bit selfish...because..if everybody started doing it like that, then their marks would be raised up, heightening the average, giving the "healthy" kids a disadvantage.

joss@dubbo

HSC
Wow, I was feeling semi-confident before I started reading this. You guys wrote so much! I do write small though so hopefully I've written enough.
Section 1 - I really don't know how I went, either just OK (8-10) or totally screwed up.
Section 2 I was pretty happy with, when I first read it I knew exactly what I was going to write about. I don't think it was all that earth-shattering but I'd say 12
Section 3 I ran out of time, I went a bit over on the first two so I only had about 25 mins. I managed to scrape in my three texts but I only had four minutes to write about the text of my own choosing, and Stimulus text was probably double that, but not sure if I answered enough of the question to do anything much. I'm hoping I'll get atleast 7, maybe a little more.

It really sucks how you don't get your marks for each section, it would make things so much better.

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
u guys r freaks of nature, i only manage
5 pages of 1
5 pages of 2
11 or 12 iii,
i couldn't read my own writing, so maybe around 15/45

michaeln36

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
Haha it's hardly being retarded - it's being smart enough to use the system to your advantage. Playing the game - and if the result is a better UAI then I have no qualms about using the provisions. Life isn't fair - so why should the HSC be. And having a medical condition isn't 'being retarded' - it's a legitimate reason.

If you weren't smart enough to be able to use the HSC system to your advantage - don't attempt to bring down those who were. It's just lame and pathetic.
O M G.
I cant believe what i just read; to paraphrase it she said:
"Im smart because i cheat, and you are stupid because you dont".
OMG.
I am pretty sure i am more intelligent than you (based of your UAI aim: 90+), its just that i have these things called morals and ethics - most people have these things, but obviously you dont.

Cheat all you want, get the marks you dont deserve, it wont help you in the long run. Your intelligence level, dilligence level, and work ethic will remain the same, and ultimately you will fail.

I will beat you in english - and deserve my mark. DIE BIATCH!

davo522

HSC
Just get something cleared up first.

Why is everyone writing like 5+pages for section 1?

Clearly if you identify the techniques, give and example and shows its effect, you will get the marks.

HSC markers have always made comments about ppl writing too much for this bit, as they mainly waffle.

anyways i wrote 4.5 for I (however maybe shoulda written more for last Q), 7 for II and 6.5 for III. Just managed to finish.

michaeln36

HSC
you are right in that the "identify the techniques. give and example and show its effect" (QTE) method is all you need to do for section 1.

But still - to cover the amount of quotes/techniques/effects to get the full 5 marks in the last part of that question u need to write quite alot. Effectively u need to write about 1/3 of a 15/15 essay. SO your average 15/15 essay is probably 10-12 pages, with probably 20 QTE's. Thus u could easily write 4 pages for the 5 marker - to be assured the marks.

The same applies to a 3 mark question - thats 1/5 of an essay - perhaps 2 pages.

etc... and u'll come up with alot of pages.

4DOGS

HSC
Section 1: 5 pages 12/15
Section 2: 8 pages 13/15
Section 3: 8 pages 15/15

BrianTheGod

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
Haha it's hardly being retarded - it's being smart enough to use the system to your advantage. Playing the game - and if the result is a better UAI then I have no qualms about using the provisions. Life isn't fair - so why should the HSC be. And having a medical condition isn't 'being retarded' - it's a legitimate reason.

If you weren't smart enough to be able to use the HSC system to your advantage - don't attempt to bring down those who were. It's just lame and pathetic.
your an idiot, period

Fetus Baby

HSC
Section one - 10 pages (1 booklet, 2 pages)
Section two - 7 pages (almost one booklet)
Section Three - 16 pages (Two full booklets)

I screwed up section three because i hated that physical journeys question, I hated that beginning for the creative writing so it turned out to be the most convoluted crap ever written. Section one was probably my best, but i spent a bit too much time on it. I spent so long just trying to comprehend the journeys question.

Before the exam I was hoping for a band six, now I hope for 70 - 80%. I guess I'm not doing communications at sydney anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)