how much was ur formal dress? (1 Viewer)

How much did your formal dress cost?

• $50 or less - a steal!

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • $100 or less - pretty thrifty!

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • $200 or less

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • $300 or less

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • $400 or less

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • $600 or less

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • $800 or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • $1000 or more - Wowza!

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Okay, I spent a lot on mine, about $500, but that was because it needed a lot of altering because it was way too long lengthwise and strapwise. I got my shoes for $50 though. And someone gave me a bag. And I didn't do anything different to my hair.
got mine last w/e from alannah hill...$470 with minimun grovelling! i nearly fainted from shock when mum said yes!!! it's a gorgeous cut and colour, and i'll be able to wear it again so it'll be worth it. :p

cheap shoes, here i come...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
My Mother is making mine. So far it has cost about $150 for the material, pattern, buckle, boning and all the other crap one has to buy in order to make the dress. But it'll be original. Strapless, canary yellow, knee-length 'Vintage Vogue' pattern from 1950, has a contrasting belt and diamante buckle. I also have some kick-arse shoes in the same wonderful canary yellow hue which I bought in the city the other day for $130. :D

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
mine was $530 which was sooo much i thought... but it is heaps diff 2 wat every1 els in my yr has. they all hav total coctail.... mines ballgown to the max LOL. and its apple green... so different... but beautful. its like, a beaded bodice, and then has 7 layers of tuil and all these jewels over the top layer.
so good!!

amandaz

i love a BARGAIN!!!!!!!
payed $100 bucks for my dress in yr10....n people had similar ones for like $300
i bought my dress for this yr yesterday...after having a heart attack b/c all my friends had bought a dress n i hadnt (with 2 weeks to go til formal)
my dress was $160....its beautiful

doofus bob

i got mine for $370 a lisa ho dress reduced from $670 i was surprised when mum bought it for me [this was in the 6 week holidays] ha and it still fits
its beautiful black silk, strapless, full length with a slit up the thigh and it flittles when i walk..can't wait to wear it
shoes were $60 or $80 i cant remember
bag was $20
hair who knows
makeup again a mystery
wow this formal is going to cost me a bundle...well mum paid for the dress and the shoes :p

and i cannot believe anyone would pay over $600 on just the dress and heels for over $200 why pay that much for pain? oh why? i just do not understand its beyond comprehension, ok i get if it's your wedding or something but this is a formal

timrie6

HSC
N/A
soha said:
i dont think anyone can beat my dress
$20
it was like 70% off or something
then my shoes were $20 wich was on sale from $70
and i already have a bag and all that jazz
all in all $40 bux
i feel cheap lol
thats the way to go.
I'm hoping to get a deal like that.
already got shoes.

I'm so not fussed about this dumb formal.
its going to be lame

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
Well it helped that my sister is the same size as me, and that she still had this really nice dress form when she was a bridesmaid for one of her friends….so I just wore that!:) it was about 200 or so bucks.

i had to buy my shoes and they were 60 bucks!

HSC
N/A
Sass and Bide dress = $420
Sofia Cruz shoes = $210
Peter Lang earings = $175
Cluth = $60
Make-up = $55 a pop, im going to two formals aswell :S
Hair = no clue :confused:

o boy, i didnt realise how much i am spending on this.

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
my morrissey dress was $650 (dannii minogue wore the same dress at arias) borrowed a friends bivianos and accessories added up to $170. then make up was 70 and hair was 90. i was quite happy with everything

heres a pic of my dress --http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1059244589639_2003/07/29/Dannii_minogue,1.jpg

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
update on mine:
top - <$5 (mum got it from bali)
skirt - free (well the clip we used to keep the sash-thing was $10 i think..but the rest's free)
shoes & bag - from year 10
hair - $60 so far (thats for a cut, foils and she straightned it a bit).....+ $15 to get it straightned on the day...+ probably $15-20 caus i'm going to change the colour a bit (the front's too blonde atm....wanna get it more of a caramel colour)
make up - $20

so around $130 all up....really good for yr 12

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
i have my formal next friday!!

and i guess i'm lucky cuz my aunty over seas who is a fashion designer sends over my dresses all the time.. she sent over my dress for my yr 10 formal and it was sooo gorgeous. i loved it and also, cuz its a unqiue design i dont turn up to the formal with a million other girls in the same dress but a different colour. hahah

but this yr she sent over two designs to choose from and although it was a tough decision i made my choice. and i think ill stick to it hahah :rolleyes:
and she sent over all my accessories, the bag, jewellery.. so yeh..

on tha downside- i never got the whole formal shopping experience.. it was more like home shopping.. haha with a choice of two!

i just had to buy shoes :)

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
but i think for yr 12. its not so much get really dressed up and formal.. well at my school i know a lot of ppl are just buyin cocktail dresses and party dresses and watnot.. so that u can wear all the stuff u buy again u know..

so hopefully, when u guys buy stuff for ur formal. and spend heaps of money on it- u will be able to use them again.. i made that mistake with yr 10- i went all out on shoes, hair, nails and watnot and now i cant even wear or make use of them again... :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)