how much was ur formal dress? (2 Viewers)

How much did your formal dress cost?

• $50 or less - a steal!

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • $100 or less - pretty thrifty!

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • $200 or less

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • $300 or less

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • $400 or less

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • $600 or less

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • $800 or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • $1000 or more - Wowza!

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

emmamar

HSC
there are so many gorgeous dresses that are really cheap that around at the moment... hint also look in vintage or 2nd hand type stores there are beautiful dresses for like almost nothing... my friend bought her yr 10 formal dress for $20 at this vintage 2nd hand store and she looked absolutely gorgeous and won best dressed!!

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
my dress was $210....cream satin, charlestown style dress
no shoes or anything yet...

roxy_bell

i got my dress made so it only cost me bout $120 i think all up..so stoked turned out so nice
shoes were only $70...wasnt my formal so didnt want to spend too much

HSC
N/A
emmamar,

Why don't you put on your dress, and take photos of yourself with hair up and hair down? Then decide which on you like :D

Or, just stand in front of a mirror :D That's what I did!

HSC
N/A
How much did your formal dress cost?

This is just to EASILY see how much everyone's willing to spend :) There are lots of threads I know, but not many have actually done a poll - it's so much easier to see statistics this way :)

For those who are spending $800 or more, what does your dress look like, and was it worth the money?

concession

Respected Member
HSC
I have a tailor made suit

it has my name sewn in on the inside pocket. prety trendy

i dont know how much it costed

Sasky

HSC
Hey Emma, usually if u have ur dress is backless u'd go for the hairup. I'm not sure with the arms though. But NO MATTER WHAT - talk to ur hairdresser, show them ur dress, tell them what style u'd want, but ask them what would best style would suit ur dress. If they're any good they should have a pretty good idea. Go Versace! Look at some Versace catwalk photos on the web, u might get some great ideas...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i'm missing my formal :(
i'm away in coolum cause it was the only time we could book cause it was booked out all other times

it was a tough decision, but relaxing in coolum for a week (and i've heard its AMAZING) outweighed going to the formal and having to be home the rest of the time :(

SweetSeasons

HSC
The material cost bout $100 and then the pattern and new scissors and stuff added $50 bucks on top of that.
I am just gonna wear my yr 10 formal shoes, as they are black and a black bag. Then make do with the jewelery that I have. so yeah it wont be costing me any more, except for getting my hair done.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
my grand father gave me his suit
i wear that wenever i need a dinner suit
its like 1920s style, but its sick
velvet interior :)

SweetSeasons

HSC
hehe, swoosh.

My dress is yet to be made. My formal is on the 16th of November. lol. I better hurry up.

django_

HSC
i got mine for 60$ from myer....reduced from 260$...its a nice dress...BUUTT...now im seeing all these NICER dresses...bah...it was so hard to find shows that match..i finally did but now im thinking...im gonna look like a dick n everyone else is gonna look so nice...whyyy oh whyyyy did i get my dress months ago...bloody hell :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)