how much would you pay for a table tennis bat (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
klh said:
but with innova it is really slow unless you speed glue it, after all its a speed glue rubber. thats what i found out so next time you read that amazing marketing campagin about feel, speed, control and whaterver the hell crap they are trying to market, make sure you hear form others and get opinions! i must say that innova was light as...felt like i was holding nothing. great control but works much better glued.

offensive is really hard and fast, great for a game that is far from the table but as i have crap fitness, i dont go far since then you have to move more lol, its got a great whack to it.

deosnt matter if you dont play comps, do you train? do you go to clubs etc to play wht others? thats the best way to learn, you play comps to learn more and try to win a trophy :) id like to challenge you if i could!

edit: you guys can pay whatever the hell you want for a bat, the point is that poeple will pay for goo d quality equipoment, and it also depends on the reason. i dont expect a recreational/novice to invest in some technologically superior bat unless they have that ability to handle it and are playing with it instead of using it as a show piece and cant handle the bat. I admit i used ot be like that too, wanted the best, but im better with my present combo which is easy to use and has good quality that i need instead of those crappy dunlop ones at kmart.
I don't go to clubs, but then again, if I had time/money :D i would...

I play quite a lot though, with my friends and used to play with my dad. Also, I play at school with random peeps. A couple thought they were good, so me and my friend played against them in doubles and smashed them :D. Too bad I can beat everyone I know. I've been playing for ~ 2 yrs. And can loop from both forehand and backhand pretty consistantly i think...

yeah, well.. you'd probably smash me seeing i have had no actual coaching. BUT, i watch table tennis sometimes and saw some coaching clips which explain how you do the strokes.

My current bat is a stiga scorpio (2 star pre-assembled bat from rebel). I just need more speed cause i like playing from a good distance back but the bat is kinda constraining, often the ball hits the net if I don't give enough force.

Well, I don't want to use speed glue... is there any good blade that doesn't need speed glue and is fast?

thnx

funniboi

HSC
my school produced some really pro table tennis players.

they travelled to melb and shit to play, and everything. they did pretty good as well. top 5 i think in doubles.

YBK

HSC
funniboi said:
my school produced some really pro table tennis players.

they travelled to melb and shit to play, and everything. they did pretty good as well. top 5 i think in doubles.
cool, wish i was there....

our school has no regard for table tennis :(

klh

HSC
funniboi and YBK, which schools? Funniboi, are you form CAnley vale ?

anyway, guys if you want to watch some TT, asian champs 1 1/2 hrs, its on SBS at 2.00pm toaday!!!!!SUnday 11/9/05
woohoo, just found out, gonna tape it.

oh ic funniboi, dun worry about the rubber than, you should sell it to YBK! Mark V is a really good rubber for beginners and pros alike.

MY old HS [im at uni] is Cabra High adn yeah not many peopel play or thinks its a sport...but anyway, i put some interet in it a couple of years ago and the teachers have kept on withthat legacy...

edit: YBK, nah im not that evil to smash you straight away, plus you need to play advanced palyers to help yourself, see hwo they do things and copy their styles, i mean thats how i learned, after you can do exactly as they do, you can then understand hwo to do it and learn. e.g. serving and you can learn other ways of doing it as long as you understand the need for friction, relaxation of grip and where you brush the ball.

Last edited:

YBK

HSC
klh said:

anyway, guys if you want to watch some TT, asian champs 1 1/2 hrs, its on SBS at 2.00pm toaday!!!!!SUnday 11/9/05

oh ic funniboi, dun worry about the rubber than, you should sell it to YBK! Mark V is a really good rubber for beginners and pros alike.

MY old HS [im at uni] is Cabra High adn yeah not many peopel play or thinks its a sport...but anyway, i put some interet in it a couple of years ago and the teachers have kept on withthat legacy...

edit: YBK, nah im not that evil to smash you straight away, plus you need to play advanced palyers to help yourself, see hwo they do things and copy their styles, i mean thats how i learned, after you can do exactly as they do, you can then understand hwo to do it and learn. e.g. serving and you can learn other ways of doing it as long as you understand the need for friction, relaxation of grip and where you brush the ball.

I go to Patrician Brother Blacktown...

That rubber doesn't sound bad... i'ma reply later.... damn u english assignment!! :(

funniboi

HSC
klh said:

yeah i went to canley vale high .. hahaha :)

klh

HSC
i wonder who you are? i wonde rif ive played you before? hmmmm
yeah those canley valers suc..ohh i mean yeah they can play table tennis ok...lol
what year did you play? i did school sport in 2000/2001 yrs 9 and 10, and you?
or doyou knwo me.....hmmm, conspracy theory wrapped up in paranoia....

funniboi

HSC
hahaha

i never played table tennis man, hahaha i only have this bat cause my friend gave it to me to play at tafe
rofl

man in high school i didnt do anthing, not even bring a school bag, rofl, so yeah.

klh

HSC
ic, i was suspecting it was this guy and....never mind, at least your not the wanker! :)

P Plater

HSC
tacuric said:
My stupid friend want to waste $140 on a table tennis bat. Just cause it looks
COOL!!! I want to convince him that it is a stupid idea and is a waste of money. What would you do? Would you buy it? How much would you spend on the bat.
man....can u guys get even more stupid????......i would pay $2 for a table tennis bat

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
P Plater ... u just dont understand mate ...
read through thread again

klh

HSC
andwz, oyu mind elaborating what rubbers and blade is and where you got them? like form cst or form a club? btw, where do you play?

Bboymot

Freshest member ever
HSC
I used to play tabble tennis.

Made the state squad. But I quit. Travel was too hard on my family, and the skill level down here was too little for me to keep up without making constant trips to sydney to train.

My last bat was a joola cat (i think thats the name, i cant remember), with 2 sheets of sriver.

I probably played a lot of you guys.

klh

HSC
where abouts do you live?
i dont mind a challenge...though i might get my butt kicked...
wow, ive never made it as ive never attempted state.

Bboymot

Freshest member ever
HSC
I live in uralla (country nsw, new england region) . I dont play anymore.

White Poiner

HSC
ameh said:
I look cool.

How bout your stupid friend pay for...a night out *cough*

OMFG i am a pro table tennis player. You know COVELL played rep TT... Its true.

YBK

HSC
ameh said:
I look cool.

How bout your stupid friend pay for...a night out *cough*
the friend ain't stupid / cause the friend is me...

and i didn't buy the bat so :p

a night out... lets go out :p

me. you. now. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)