how old is too old? (1 Viewer)

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
i happen to be in 'like' with a much older person... im am 17 going on 18... and this person is like early 30's... is this too old...

discuss

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Samie_Loo said:
i happen to be in 'like' with a much older person... im am 17 going on 18... and this person is like early 30's... is this too old...

discuss
Yes .

You won't listen to anyone anyway, so go ahead and ruin your life. We won't care.

joeylike2hiphop

joe-king4eva~~~~
HSC
30's that really old girl!no offense or anything but c`mon your so young, im sure there are some nice young guy out there for you but i guess the maturity thing gets to you yeah?well if you like him i dont see why not, unles he has a wife or something?

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
no wife... unattached... just lookin around i guess... is it bad to like sumone so old... my friends keep saying age is a number... but my parents would freak...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Samie_Loo said:
is it bad to like sumone so old
Yes! Don't listen to your friends, you obviously are uncomfortable with the idea and you have better judgement than your friends.

joeylike2hiphop

joe-king4eva~~~~
HSC
30's is really old, if you think about lets say you do get married and live a happy life you will faill into all these wierd situation because of this huge age gap, and even was you guys will part alot earlier than most couples your age,as in like him passin away and stuff. but 30's, girl you can do alot better

ariande

The Don
HSC
hmm... it all depends on the situation. if you were out of school and dependant only on yourself there would be no problems. after all, a lot of 30 year old women are married to 45 year old men and no one thinks twice about this.

the issue you would have to address here is control. if you were actually in a relationship with this person, you do not have enough life experience to judge situations as well as they do, and you would be easily led.

don't completely reject this, i actually speak from experience. i was 15 and went out with someone who was 30. i was young and naive, but bloody lucky. he was a nice guy who was only looking out for my needs and wants and allowed me to make decisions. [and i'm aware that at least someone will say 'ewww thats gross, how could you go out with someone twice your age' but i do not, repeat - do not care]

also there is the issue on how your friends and family would take it. it is a bit of a taboo issue nowadays. my family did not take to my relationship lightly. in fact, they rang the police. but i won't go into that.

with these kinds of things you just have to be careful

ariande

The Don
HSC
just remember to ask yourself whether it's worth it... it may seem to be, but it has the very real possibility of completely fucking up

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
ariande said:
the issue you would have to address here is control. if you were actually in a relationship with this person, you do not have enough life experience to judge situations as well as they do, and you would be easily led.
I totally agree with you on that. Being misled by someone can happen no matter what age they are in relation to you, but is much more serious and could be much more damaging if they're significantly older. Don't crash headlong into your feelings yet, just let them sit and simmer for a while and just analyse where both of you are coming from.

ariande

The Don
HSC
Lainee said:
Don't crash headlong into your feelings yet, just let them sit and simmer for a while and just analyse where both of you are coming from.
good advice.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
Yes! Don't listen to your friends, you obviously are uncomfortable with the idea and you have better judgement than your friends.
i agree with jumb. with a lot of these threads with controversial issues/decisions, i think the thread-starter is simply looking for 'moral comfort'.

but what must one realise is that morals/values/perceptions are individual to oneself and if one is about to make such an individual decision, what good (other than 'moral comfort') are the morals/values/perceptions of others, who most likely would not know any better.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
for me, 25 is my maximum. that said, i have never met anyone i wanted to be with over that age (except george clooney) so you have to make the right decision for you. if he will make you happy, go for it. but make sure he's not using you...

JRPeck

HSC
N/A
;)
In the early 20th century this was accepted. Pretty soon you will no longer have a legal restraint. Then you can decide if it's worth it to go against public opinion.
;)

wow... thats old..
im 18 n i was in 'like' with a 26 yr old, u know he liked me i kinda liked him... but all i could think was thats too old...! i held back tho.. i guess morals or whatever kicked in

suss it out first... like the relationship.. would it really work if u two got together? future? friends/family?

funniboi

HSC
age is nothing but a number. if u like the person for who they are, then go for it. fuck what people say/think. ^____________^

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
er your a moron, that's the shittest post i've seen.
age isn't only a number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)