How the hell do uni students pay for college and uni fees? (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
Like if i want to go and study at ANU next year how the hell would i pay for college plus my fees?

300 a week plus 7100 a year !! bah i cant afford that.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You don't have to pay the $7100 upfront and you'd get Youth Allowance living away from home/rent assistance because you'd be classed as independant... I don't think that would be $300 a week however.

So I guess most people who live in colleges with parents who aren't wealthy have scholarships unless they work.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
You don't have to pay the $7100 upfront and you'd get Youth Allowance living away from home/rent assistance because you'd be classed as independant... I don't think that would be $300 a week however.

So I guess most people who live in colleges with parents who aren't wealthy have scholarships unless they work.
ive looked and its about 290 a week for college accomodation, but that includes 21 meals a week so yeah.

i get youth allowance and rent assistance atm and thats about 400 a fort, barely enough for food.

so if i were getin 200 a week id have to get about another 100 somehow.

and just defer the uni fees until after uni.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i dont think its hard to earn $100 a week extra but you'd be living pretty pov cause you can only earn $200 a fortnight extra before they dock your YA.

makes you a bit dirty that UK students get about $15 000 a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)