pro procrastinator
HSC
take a non caring approach. this involves:
- researching various areas of getting into the uni course ur interested in
- researching tafe courses

then to not panic:
- have a nice long bath the night before
- go to sleep early
- tell urself that u know everything (even if u dont)
- take deep breaths when u think ur getting worried/anxious
- also dont listen to anyone who is stressed bout exams, they will
stress you out..

Last edited:

neuro_logik

HSC
Lou_86 said:
take a non caring approach. this involves:
- researching various areas of getting into the uni course ur interested in
- researching tafe courses
Lou has the right idea, Focus on getting into university, but then if that fails you always have a backup :p , and before going into HSC exams try and dance lol, thats what I do, but then again I'm an idiot.

bubble_tea

when you're in the exam, don't think "I have to write something that will get me all the marks" but rather say to yourself "I have to show them what I know"

kelboo

HSC
Well if you have a bf/gf, this sounds really strange, but having sex relieves alot of tension.
If not, then try meditation, you know, empty your mind of everything you have been stressing about. You don't have to chant a mantra, just spend a few moments by yourself whenever you feel it's getting too much, and just chill.

Before exams, don't listen to other students!! Thy always fret and it'll put you in a state of near-nervous-breakdown every single time.

Thas it! Good luck with it all.. let us know if you feel better :D

mishka

HSC
N/A
this is going to sound weird too!! do "nostril breathing", close one nostril and breathe deeply in and out of the other one 5 times. then repeat with the other nostril. sounds weird but it works. i wouldn't recommend you do this, however, in full view of the public!! hahaha :D

J

jhakka

zelda said:
i hate this feeling especially at times like now (hsc) or atleast not panick
ne tips?

thnx!!
Tell yourself if you don't know it all now, you won't ever know it. Then stop caring.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
jhakka said:
Tell yourself if you don't know it all now, you won't ever know it. Then stop caring.
EXACTLY!
im so sick of people stressing and whinging at me about how they dont know it!
i also dont know but i dont procrastinate to everyone else!

santaslayer

HSC
Well on the night before my English exams I went to the city and mucked around for a large half of the night. By the time U got home I was so tired I found it hard to stay awake. :p

mishka

HSC
N/A
everyone has their own reactions to exams, though. some people find they can cruise through it with no problem, while others need the assurance that they're going to be ok. believe me, i'm the latter. i don't know how many times my stress has brought me to tears in the last week. people just handle it differently, and could have different goals/expectations/pressures on them. i wouldn't get angry with them, it'll only make it worse for everyone. :)

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, if you be panic-immune, you can always try falling into Depression. Side-effects might take your kill you though, which is a big part of your life gone.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
During trials I put so much pressure on myself that I had problems with very severe panic attacks. I'd feel like someone was pressing on my chest, get tingly and go numb, have trouble swallowing... the works :p

The best way to control it is to do something called box breathe. Basically, breathe in for 3 seconds (and as you do tighten up), hold it for 3, release it for 3 (and as you do loosen up), wait for 3 and so on and so forth. It's allowed me to control my problems, because it stops you from over breathing and getting frantic :p

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
kelboo said:
Well if you have a bf/gf, this sounds really strange, but having sex relieves alot of tension.
If not, then try meditation...
I believe the word your searching for is *masturbation.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i got two words for ya

CHAMOMILE TEA!

it tastes like shite but its good for the nerves...

OR, perhaps realise that theres life after the hsc...that works too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)