How To: Check how many hours of tuts/lecs youll have. (1 Viewer)

LazyBoy

HSC
LoneShadow said:
I'm doing 25 hrs, JK is doin 26 plus 40 hrs of work, dark_angel is doing 26 hrs.....so it's not dat bad...considering that there are many more doing similar hrs. Ignore those art's hipies with their <15 hr weeks.....:D
haha im a true arts hippy. im majoring in Philosophy :p ... also sociology which is sorta another flighty subject. but still will be really interesting. Im working towards a PhD. so at least ill be Dr. Hippy to you :p

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
LazyBoy said:
haha im a true arts hippy. im majoring in Philosophy :p ... also sociology which is sorta another flighty subject. but still will be really interesting. Im working towards a PhD. so at least ill be Dr. Hippy to you :p
what branch of philosophy are you going to do/major in?

oh did u do the philosophy distinction course ( in 04) ?

LazyBoy

HSC
haha by studying towards, i mean... i plan to eventually start a PhD. As for a branch of phil, that im undecided on, ill leave that till after my first year of university. lol

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
LazyBoy said:
haha by studying towards, i mean... i plan to eventually start a PhD. As for a branch of phil, that im undecided on, ill leave that till after my first year of university. lol
ok since you are planning to do a philo major, i thought u liked certain fields

LazyBoy

HSC
no im more just a fan of philosophy. Before i comit to which area i wouldnt mind just getting a feel for the subject. But i think it would be very safe to assume ill end up doing Aesthestics, Ethics and Political Philosophy, it will work in best with my sociology major.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
phd seems a waste of time for most jobs. What career are you interested in? You have to submit a giant proposal followed by a MAAASSIVE thesis based on something of original thought.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
phd seems a waste of time for most jobs. What career are you interested in? You have to submit a giant proposal followed by a MAAASSIVE thesis based on something of original thought.
uh huh, thats y i was aksing what lazy was interested in..

LazyBoy

HSC
Honestly im not sure, I do want to become a sociologist. So some job where that comes in. I just think doing a PhD would be really interesting. I wouldnt be doing it for a career, more just a personal goal, interest and a pretty title at the end.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:

lol...:D.....phil is gr8 stuff. I did some basic phil when I was young. [don't ask me about details]. I luv it. I read a lot, specially phil'ic stuff. My fav phil'ers are Dr Ali Shariati [phil'er], Hafiz [persian mystical poet], Rumi [mystical poet and phil'er], I read other phil'ers' stuff as well. To me...phil is almost anything. Because how you think and interpret something detrmines it's phil'cal value. e.g. an Arab scholar was asked "whom did you learn beahviour from?"...he replied "from those who knows nothing about behaving. Whatever of them I thought was inaproperiate...I did not do them myself." No source, text, word, act is any better than the other until you make your own judgement and interpretation of them for yourself.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
LazyBoy said:
Honestly im not sure, I do want to become a sociologist. So some job where that comes in. I just think doing a PhD would be really interesting. I wouldnt be doing it for a career, more just a personal goal, interest and a pretty title at the end.
man, how can u stand social stuff, i mean its ugly

im not into that sorta stuff, like law...ewww

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
man, how can u stand social stuff, i mean its ugly

im not into that sorta stuff, like law...ewww

lol.........*expresses his hatred for law and lawyers*

LazyBoy

HSC
exactly, which is why i love it. because in the end im right :p no matter what my opinion is.

But seriously, i think it will be extremly stimulating, also it is good in helping one to develop a constructive argument. My sociology major is the more practical major. Sociology will also help if i want to go into teaching, politics or what ever.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure I have 12- if italian beginner's is 3 hours a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)