how to get 15.15 in a creative writing piece ? (1 Viewer)

Gutterstomp

HSC
Don't be cliched, and obviously no teenage angst. Try and make it obvious that you are an advanced, not a standard student writing and have sophisticated structure and a diverse array of language to use. Would probably also help to do something that you are legit interested in, so perhaps you might enjoy something along the lines of some historical period or something?

Just my 2c

erinmelissa

HSC
i got 15/15 for my trial one, and i wrote in third person with metaphors, similes etc throughout and had flashbacks/memories throughout.
this is what my teacher suggested
Examples of creative techniques:
Sense of voice of a narrator/persona ; authentic character construction; interesting plotlines/plot twists; clear construction of a scene or image to illustrate ideas of belonging/not belonging; using vivid description, figurative language like metaphor, simile, personification etc; effective use of chosen form (description, letter, journal, narrative, etc); interesting structural choices ; effective use of humour; effective use of dialogue; interesting word choice eg emotive word choice; experimenting with narrative style (other than the usual linear storytelling) / experimenting with different forms, genre, plot and character twists, sentence length to increase or decrease pace for a particular effect etc
‘May be derivative’:
Too close to TV or class handouts/Board of Studies samples. Students need to watch this- Use the ideas as stimulus perhaps but must not ‘copy’ too closely. Make your own ‘version’ in a fresh, original way

HSC
N/A
You know its good if you don't actually have to use the word "belonging" in it.

The sense of belonging (or not) can be felt through the way you have structured your piece and the words you have used.

I know my teacher absolutely hated it when the word was chucked into a creative writing task.

'')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)