How to get rank 1 in maths? (1 Viewer)

huh123

HSC
I feel as like as though no hard or early I study I don't get close to rank 1. I do tutoring for maths, did past papers, and did lots of practice questions and revision but I can never get to rank 1, always a little away from it? I lost marks for my maths extension 1 assessment for silly errors and time management, how can I improve on this and achieve rank 1?

funnytomato

HSC
I feel as like as though no hard or early I study I don't get close to rank 1. I do tutoring for maths, did past papers, and did lots of practice questions and revision but I can never get to rank 1, always a little away from it? I lost marks for my maths extension 1 assessment for silly errors and time management, how can I improve on this and achieve rank 1?
don't set your goal as 'ranked 1st' which is quite high level and vague but rather instead focus on the actual problems at hand
e.g. if you think it's silly errors - what are the different types of that and how to practice and avoid that?
time management - which type of questions are you struggling with ? for the questions you can solve is there more efficient ways?
or even with past paper - which ones you'd find helpful and what can you learn from doing each and every paper(under exam condition) ?

imagineee

HSC
Also keep in mind that getting rank 1 often has some rng to it, especially in top schools where there are many high achieving students or if your school's tests are easy (in which case losing one mark can be extremely detrimental).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)