• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How To greet Employer at an interview (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ok , what do u guys reckon is the best thing to say the first time you see the person who is gonna be taking the interview, followed by a handshake.

buzzcut89

HSC
Straight away tell her who's boss (she is, but your willing to work for her if you get a discount card).

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
"cunt"

just say that one word. and wait for the response

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no, i am employed. by bos :D
and i seriously mean it too. im marketing manager.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll give you a serious answer;

When you meet them, say "Good morning, I am <full name>. " as you shake their hand (or offer it at this time).. If the handshake is a bit slow or delayed you can add in a "Pleasure to meet you", after that, they should reply with who they are, their title, and what's about to happen (such as move into a room for the interview). Usually they'll try some kind of ice-breaker to make you more comfortable like "How are you enjoying the Christmas break?", but sometimes they dive right into it and act all casual about it- "So why do you want to ...." and then viola, you're in an interview.

By the way if they introduce themselves first (maybe because you were sitting down and not watching? or someone else has pointed them out to you as your interviewer), they will say "I am ...." and usually offer their hand to shake at which point you receive it with the firm shake, etc.. and say who you are and it's a pleasure to meet them.

Of course the key is it has to be natural =]

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
stazi said:
no, i am employed. by bos :D
and i seriously mean it too. im marketing manager.
Wow I feel special. The marketing manager has me in his signature </sarcasm> =P

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it should really come naturally, though.
I just come in say "hey, I'm stas, shake hand *wait for them to say their name. wait for them to sit down. sit down* and just go from there

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
just be natural. try to have an air of confidence around you, ie- you dont need to say much. sometimes a slow blink/smile will do the trick. you should try to be open/friendly/respectable in the right balance i think.

and above all, just take it as a learning experience. you will face tougher and more intimidating interviews in the future.

^___^
HSC
yeah

be confident, not cocky
they should know your name before the interview, if not, they will confirm it later..so no need to go "Hai, my name is Bob Jones"

just be natural

buzzcut89

HSC
And make sure you SMILE.

My friend went for an interview once and as they sat down the interviewer said to her "Thankgod you smiled within the first 10 seconds; otherwise you would have definitely not been hired"

So yeh smile, and speak clearly when you say your name. :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i once went to a group interview with no one-on-one time with the employers. now that was tough as i rely on charisma and confidence to get me hired, normally.
great experience though and i was very pleased with the result.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Always offer the interviewer bukkake before the interview begins. This helps the interviewer fell relaxed and in control. When the interview then proceeds, be sure to include subtle messages of sexual interest such as rubbing the shaft of your penis, or moaning softly. When the interview concludes, be sure to offer him any form of sexual act of degradation he can perform on you, such as anal sex, or him shooting his juice on your face.
hahahhahaha i love you

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
yes greeting the employer is important, if you fuck up the greeting, you're done.

true story: i applied for this accounting job, it was like the perfect job for me, so i was pretty nervous. anyway i was sitting there in the reception thinking over my initial greeting to the interviewer. i kept thinking, just say "hi how are you?" , he'll reply, "good, urself?", and ill say "fine thanks", and thats it, we'll go into the room and talk. big deal.

so the prick comes out, and i stand up, "Hi how are you?" before he even had a chance to respond, i said "Fine thanks" and smiled. awkward few seconds. realising what id done i just pretended everything was ok. anway it all went down hill from there, didnt get a call back, fucker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)