How to learn 2U by self (1 Viewer)

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Find whatever works for you, really. Eddie Woo videos, as mentioned, can be very useful, but if you prefer learning straight out of a textbook, then do that.

hscc

HSC
N/A
Eddie Woo explains things very well. He speaks clearly, demonstrates well, knowledgeable and breaks terms into student friendly terms.

Whichever high school kids have him as a teacher can count themselves lucky.
He used to teach at James Ruse I believe.

leehuan

HSC
Still think you should start off with 3U jussayin

For 2U (I'm going to repeat what everyone else said)
1. Get either Fitzpatrick or Cambridge - either is fine (I would avoid grove/mif textbooks because they have a reputation for not being difficult enough)
2A. If you plan on doing the whole course before next year (would be fun/recommend lel) go in order of the chapters i.e. chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3...and then do the yr12 book
2B. If you plan on doing enough to get ahead (much more likely) find out what order your school does the topics in, and do it in that order stopping at the next test or next next test so you can focus on being awesome at that rather than being semi-good at everything.
3. For each chapter do questions, the way I do it in cambridge is I do a few of the regular questions to get a hang of the idea (tbh dont waste too much time here its usually very repetitive) do a majority of the development questions (they are true to their name) and do all of the extension questions. obviously if you are struggling with a concept/getting stuff wrong, do more questions.
4. past papers
5. win life
Wait why?

Here's how I did it:

1) Get a book to learn from - I used the Cambridge book because that's what my school had, I found it completely fine.
2) Read the chapters, do the majority of questions, and if you make any mistakes - do more questions
3) ?!!?!??!?!?
4) Profit
You damaged it.

Eddie Woo explains things very well. He speaks clearly, demonstrates well, knowledgeable and breaks terms into student friendly terms.

Whichever high school kids have him as a teacher can count themselves lucky.
Mhm one up for Eddie Woo easy. (tfw I got bored in maths and went ahead of the teacher as well.)

Contrary to those above me, I strongly discourage against learning through videos. Videos should be used for revision, not for learning. Later on, for more advanced topics, there don't exist any 'tutoring'-styled videos; the only way to learn them is through reading about them. It's just good practice to get into the habit of self-learning through reading.
You'd be surprised.

For the most part I used a book. But some things such as integration and induction his videos were all I needed. Easy, yes, but still all I needed.

wtf, and she had no trouble with it at all. wow
This is unsurprising. For starters you got ml doing her HSC at age 15. Then I'm tutoring a 13 yr old student prelim already.

wu345

HSC
If you're going to use a cambridge book (which I highly recommend) to learn 2u, use the 3u yr 11 one instead of the 2u ones. The 3u is by far more challenging than even the yr 12 2u textbook and it contains great extension questions you can attempt to boost your understanding of the topics.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
If you're going to use a cambridge book (which I highly recommend) to learn 2u, use the 3u yr 11 one instead of the 2u ones. The 3u is by far more challenging than even the yr 12 2u textbook and it contains great extension questions you can attempt to boost your understanding of the topics.
yer I agree

mkv_86

HSC
You need a really good book, something like fitzpatrick will do you good

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Wait why?

You damaged it.

Mhm one up for Eddie Woo easy. (tfw I got bored in maths and went ahead of the teacher as well.)

You'd be surprised.

For the most part I used a book. But some things such as integration and induction his videos were all I needed. Easy, yes, but still all I needed.

This is unsurprising. For starters you got ml doing her HSC at age 15. Then I'm tutoring a 13 yr old student prelim already.
What a god lol

Simorgh

HSC
What's the best way to learn 2U maths by myself? I want to have a solid grasp on the topics when I take the course next year so I'm ahead of everyone else.
If you want to accomplish that then really suggest you stop wasting time trolling and using duplicate accounts on some internet forum. If you want to keep going this way with ur annoying social experiments and antics then you are not going to get anywhere with mastering 2 Unit before you start Yr 11.

leehuan

HSC
I think you're confusing this with 4U

2U Fitzpatrick is great
I know. I used 2U new Fitzpatrick myself. I really liked it.

But no I would still vouch for Cambridge 2U

leehuan

HSC
I saw Sien's copy for 3u. Some of the questions made me laugh and others had questionable answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I saw Sien's copy for 3u. Some of the questions made me laugh and others had questionable answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some questions are weird..
But there are some hard one in there but not in order..literally they can put the hard question at the start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)