How to make a good resume to get hired (1 Viewer)

Pollypopkin

HSC
I js got back in Australia after hsc and was planning to find a job as uni also starts. I was wondering how to structure my resume and make it eye catching for employers…. I don’t really have much relevant work experience except for working in a restaurant for a year and doing two work placements in two diff cafes for my hospitality subject. Do I even put what ATAR I get and do I have to make my resume all pretty and stuff😭

sorry just wondering cus my previous workplace didn’t require my resume at all and just hired me on the spot so now I’m kind of inexperienced and that I also heard a bunch of my friends being denied jobs. I also heard some of my friends advising me to get a job similar to my degree (which is psych) but I also dont know how I’ll get smthn similar to that when all I have in experience is hospitality jobs

carrotsss

HSC
depends what ur applying for, if ur applying for like a tutoring job then you’d put more focus on your ATAR and results but imo for other jobs there’s no point they won’t care, and beyond that just list your experience and skills (esp highlighting the most relevant parts to the job). it doesn’t really have to look too fancy you just want to make sure you look like a good, hard working applicant in the ten seconds they’re gonna glance at it for

liamkk112

HSC
I js got back in Australia after hsc and was planning to find a job as uni also starts. I was wondering how to structure my resume and make it eye catching for employers…. I don’t really have much relevant work experience except for working in a restaurant for a year and doing two work placements in two diff cafes for my hospitality subject. Do I even put what ATAR I get and do I have to make my resume all pretty and stuff😭

sorry just wondering cus my previous workplace didn’t require my resume at all and just hired me on the spot so now I’m kind of inexperienced and that I also heard a bunch of my friends being denied jobs. I also heard some of my friends advising me to get a job similar to my degree (which is psych) but I also dont know how I’ll get smthn similar to that when all I have in experience is hospitality jobs
maybe u could work as a receptionist or something in a psychology practice, idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)