How to make an exam paper that looks like the hsc paper (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
Ok,well im tutoring some year 12 students in 2unti maths and was wondering how could i produce my own style + format + structure the way the hsc markers do.

I'm talking about what program can I use beside Microsoft Word or anything like that, because I really need to bring these kids up fast.

Plus its 2unit its a piece of cake....

Thanks

kevinx3

HSC
I guess you could do it with Word, though it would take more time and effort. Agree with LaTeX

danz90

HSC
I've edited secure BOS documents before, eg. The new HSC Writing Booklets for 2unit mathematics and general maths, they were secured (and were only given as a prototype example on the site, with [Examination Name] in place of the actual subject name).
So I got this program called PDF Password Cracker, and then unlocked the file, used the text editor in Adobe Acrobat 9 (latest version), and edited text fields. Then I printed out, and photocopied a shitload of booklets and did my past papers in these - for practice.

I presume you can do the same with a past paper. ;)

PM me for more info..

kevinx3

HSC
danz90 said:
I've edited secure BOS documents before, eg. The new HSC Writing Booklets for 2unit mathematics and general maths, they were secured (and were only given as a prototype example on the site, with [Examination Name] in place of the actual subject name).
So I got this program called PDF Password Cracker, and then unlocked the file, used the text editor in Adobe Acrobat 9 (latest version), and edited text fields. Then I printed out, and photocopied a shitload of booklets and did my past papers in these - for practice.

I presume you can do the same with a past paper. ;)

PM me for more info..
How long did it take you to unlock the file, i tried brute forcing my way through, would've taken forever. Screenshot - Print :)

danz90

HSC
kevinx3 said:
How long did it take you to unlock the file, i tried brute forcing my way through, would've taken forever. Screenshot - Print :)
it took me 2secs with that program...

Click

WOOT, my 1000th post! :D

conics2008

HSC
hey dan90 so tell me how do you do your way..

please tell me its short and simple like when i type in 1+1/x i want it to look like the hsc style not some cheap word format.

thanks

HSC
With Word, if you want to write an equation: Insert > Object > Microsoft Equation.

Also instead of downloading a program to unlock PDF's, you can do it online.

HSC
conics2008 said:

please tell me its short and simple like when i type in 1+1/x i want it to look like the hsc style not some cheap word format.

thanks
I think he means for writing booklets.

danz90

HSC
conics2008 said:

thanks
Well firstly, they use Times New Roman size 12 font.

There's another font they use for their exam titles on the front page - called Gill Sans.

I'll pm you tho...

madrooster

<?php exploit(); ?>
HSC
You're a little too obsessed with that topic I think.

Anyway, Macquarie Uni uses LaTeX as well, no doubt many other unis. It really is a much more professional looking way to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)