How to study?? any good study advice?? (1 Viewer)

Skriker

HSC
Ok, so i am really wanting to know those guys who are aiming high in the HSC, what are some study tips you could recommend to use when study, like how do you study and what is the best way to??

Just wondering what studying tips would work and the most efficent methods of studying would be to help me and others improve '

cheers :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
*Sigh, another one of these threads.

Everyone is different and different study methods will work for different people. You need to find out for yourself what works best for you.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Try not studying at all and seeing how well you go. That's what I did for my half yearlies :-D
Can't wait to get my results back next week :-D

jamesfirst

HSC
nope don't do what Riproot does. It's a failure =P

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, so i am really wanting to know those guys who are aiming high in the HSC, what are some study tips you could recommend to use when study, like how do you study and what is the best way to??

Just wondering what studying tips would work and the most efficent methods of studying would be to help me and others improve '

cheers :)
I'm guessing your not in your preliminary year, so you don't really get the chance to try different study methods. I'd advise each week you plan ahead and set goals on what work you wanna finish etc. Also chew gum whilst studying and exams because it can boost memory by 35%. Also do heaps of past papers

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
past papers, especially for maths and science are the key to success

HSC
lolol i went through the hsc, now im at university and I still don't study properly. I know how, but do i apply it? sometimes. =)

Motvoo

HSC
Make your self a study timetable. Not anything over the top but a decent amount of study that you can handle. If you can make a good study timetable where you allocate a decent amount of time to each subject (depends on yourself of course) then you've completed 10% of studying success. The other 90%, the really hard bit, is trying to follow that timetable. If your focused enough and can follow your timetable your set.

HSC
Uni Grad
Or at least tell yourself everyday what you need to study for and how you're gonna do it. Probably should make weekly or daily plans. I don't recommend a study timetable as it may only work for 2 days...

And note, during the study time, do not try to procrastinate and make the most of the study time (or maybe have like 5 minute breaks every 1 hour interval) :p

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
i have a study timetable and then roughly work off that by having a calender and writing down what i plan to achieve/complete for each subject.
Also on the planner i have goals for each month (eg. complete maintaining a balance notes and do questions) but in the end it what works for you and also be organised

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
*Sigh, another one of these threads.

Everyone is different and different study methods will work for different people. You need to find out for yourself what works best for you.
+1

Whatever you do, make sure you include past questions/papers :)

HSC
and read over your summaries daily, if you constantly expose yourself to the material you've been learning in class its bound to stick in your head

jamesfirst

HSC
Although reading your summaries daily is good, you should devote your time doing past papers. Because really that's what it's all about right.... the HSC exam. The more you prepare yourself with exam style questions, the better you'll do in the HSC. Trust me, I know a lot of students and friends in my science class who just read their syllabus notes and fail their exams because they only memorised the notes without thinking about the concept or to adapt it into the question.

Such as those hard ass projectile questions, 90% of the class can't do it. Also if you get tutored, don't be a cocky asshole who thinks he knows everything because you gets tutored. You will fail hardcore. I know people who did their HSC and people in my physics class who thinks they're top shit because they get tutored. That person didn't even get an ATAR of 90 and the kid in my class is a dumb shit who fails all the practice questions in the class and exams.

It's all about devoting your time to do past papers, syllabus memorising, etc etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)