How to study for Physics (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I was wondering how to study physics. Should I take notes in a book or on my laptop? Is physics a type of subject that requires more past papers than memorising notes?

Thanks!

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I was wondering how to study physics. Should I take notes in a book or on my laptop? Is physics a type of subject that requires more past papers than memorising notes?

Thanks!
or just any general tips for this subject that will help!

carrotsss

HSC
Some hand written notes can be kinda useful for the more theory-based modules eg module 7 but for the calculation based modules (eg module 5) there isn’t really a point imo

Overall questions>>>

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
Hi!

Thanks!
you should take notes in a book, i find it easier when i'm doing hand written notes, physics is more math based than all the sciences, imo, it will just flow when youre writing the eqns and solving it, so i prefer hadn written notes.

also yes, you need to do past papers for physics, its crucial because there are graphs and math involved and it will help you understand the topics more and more when you do past papers. try to do as many q's as you can.

also i recommend self studying and doing tutoring for physics as there are less qualified physics teachers in nsw, so there are high chances you will either get a bio or a chem qualified teacher as your phys one.

hope this helped :angel:

howcanibesmarter

HSC
physics there are a lot of concepts that you have to understand, and its not always just calculations. There is a very broad spectrum of questions that they can possibly test. There are some questions where you have to explain (some are like 8 markers) where you really need to set out ur work properly, sort of like a english short answer. Working scientifically is also important, usually these tests your foundation skills. Know your theory well, then build on your knowledge by doing harder calculations questions.

snow726

HSC
hi ! it’s been a while since you’ve posted this but i’m wondering whether you opted for digital or written notes..

i’m doing mine digitally rn and transferring the calculations/math parts by taking a picture of them but it’s not really convenient so i’m thinking to also switching to hand written notes

ty
Hi!

Thanks!

moonsuyoung

HSC
hi ! it’s been a while since you’ve posted this but i’m wondering whether you opted for digital or written notes..

i’m doing mine digitally rn and transferring the calculations/math parts by taking a picture of them but it’s not really convenient so i’m thinking to also switching to hand written notes

ty
Hello!
I'm trying to get a Bluetooth keyboard so I can connect to my Ipad --> for me that's the most ideal way of taking notes for physics for me. But currently, I do the same as you I write notes on my laptop and then diagrams on iPad and then upload them but it's so unconvenient for me as well T^T.

snow726

HSC
ah i see - i might get a google docs add on to conveniently write math equations but idk which one yet haha

i’m also trying to find a website where i can quickly make diagrams so if anyone has recs pls let me know :>

tyy !!

MJRey

HSC
Past papers were my go to... have some notes on modules where you need it (7 and 8 especially), but doing the past papers will expose you to a variety of mathematical and long response questions that cover the majority of things you need to study and commit to memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)