how to study for SAC (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Can some PLEASE tell me

HOW do you STUDY for SAC !!!
the subject is driving me crazy
not only is the content confusing .... i mean lately it feels like im doing economics
the tests are like , i dont know
like you never know what to expect for them
you dont know what to study for them
how to study for them

and its really freaking me out
because im aiming for a high 90's uai
and i only have 11 units
so SAC is going to count regardless
i really want to do well
how do i study for thiss ??

please helpp

and please dont say ' class notes '
because i think in the last 3 wks of year 12
ive received about 30 booklets of content
each with a min of 20pages
and the syllabus is sooo confusingg aswelll

im soo scareddd ><"

angryravinghobo

HSC
SAC is a highly conceptually based subject. Know the fundamental concepts of the course, methodologies and the concepts specific to each topic and apply them to the content

omgd.

HSC
N/A
angryravinghobo said:
SAC is a highly conceptually based subject. Know the fundamental concepts of the course, methodologies and the concepts specific to each topic and apply them to the content

what about the country studies
the case studies
the theories of social change
the electives like equality and difference and pop culture and that stuff =/

rollipop

Shmeh. Shmeeeeeh.
HSC
Omgd - with all due respect, for somebody who does a fuckload of HSIE:

(// StudiesofRELIGION // AncientHISTORY // Society&CULTURE // LegalSTUDIES // extensionHISTORY )

...you should probably have a better ability to collect study notes for a grade A example of a humanity subject.

Moodey91

HSC
SAC can't be that hard I'm sure your teacher has given you a mountain of notes...just divide them up into the CORE which everyone does the same...find your country study notes...then focus on your two depths...as someone said above it is a conceptually based subject and aslong as you know how to apply the concepts properly to the topic you will be fine. Unfortunately class notes are the only way that all of us are gonna be able to study from

Your gonna do great dnt freak out :D

And goodluck to everyone

gorby2008

HSC
rollipop said:

(// StudiesofRELIGION // AncientHISTORY // Society&CULTURE // LegalSTUDIES // extensionHISTORY )

...you should probably have a better ability to collect study notes for a grade A example of a humanity subject.
True.
Also, honestly, if you don't know how to study for Society by now, it's a bit hard to learn really...Three days before the exam.
Just being realistic here.
How have you gone all year in terms of marks for Society?
Just try your best, hopefully your other marks will pull your UAI up if you don't do too well in society.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Moodey91 said:
SAC can't be that hard I'm sure your teacher has given you a mountain of notes...just divide them up into the CORE which everyone does the same...find your country study notes...then focus on your two depths...as someone said above it is a conceptually based subject and aslong as you know how to apply the concepts properly to the topic you will be fine. Unfortunately class notes are the only way that all of us are gonna be able to study from

Your gonna do great dnt freak out :D

And goodluck to everyone

Thankx that really helped, Ill do that . =)
Thank youu . =)
goodluck to u too !!
I've just started year 12 hehe i dont have an exam atm
but its close still the same -_-"

omgd.

HSC
N/A
rollipop said:

I do have a good ability to collect study notes.......
I just haven't figured out how to study for society yet
i joined the subject at the beginning of term 3
and i studied heaps
but came out with an 84 -_-"
so Im kinda worried that i might just be bad at this subject
and yeah was hoping for some tips from people who are doing really well in this sub
to improve for my hsc year ...

omgd.

HSC
N/A
gorby2008 said:
True.
Also, honestly, if you don't know how to study for Society by now, it's a bit hard to learn really...Three days before the exam.
Just being realistic here.
How have you gone all year in terms of marks for Society?
Just try your best, hopefully your other marks will pull your UAI up if you don't do too well in society.
I've just started year 12
I have enough time to brush up for halfies i guess
no practice round
but yeah il try what everyone here suggested
Ive done quite good in the assignmnts
but yeah i just find the tests kinda all over the place thats all ...
anyways,
thanx. =)

Sventina

HSC
What everyone else has said pretty much.

Know all the course concepts, understand theories of social change, know how to perform methodologies and future studies.

If you aren't confident with being able to answer different types of questions, all you can do at this point is really do a few past papers slowly, so you can really focus on how they want you to answer the question.

Learn some statistics/quotes and information about groups and institutions relevant to your depth studies.

If you haven't made summaries of your depth studies, you should do that now. The syllabi are helpful; they list the concepts relevant to the study. So for example, for Pop Culture, you need to be able to identify what makes a "popular culture" (access, chnge and evolution etc.) and also the facets of the Pop culture, such as history, ideologies, gender issues, power and control, etc.

So the best thing to do is to use these concepts as headings and list facts and statistics underneath.

If you don't feel like answering a whole essay, try making a plan of how you would use the concepts throughout, eg. a paragraph on access, which links to a paragraph on control, in which you discuss how control has changed as the pop culture moved from local to global acceptance. Then your next paragraph could further discuss commercial aspects of the Popular culture, using statistics such as net income of companies etc, and then link this to implications for society and the future of the PC, depending on the question of course.

You might not do Pop Culture, so I hope this wasn't to confusing; it was our first depth study so I just used that as an example.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Sventina said:
What everyone else has said pretty much.

Know all the course concepts, understand theories of social change, know how to perform methodologies and future studies.

If you aren't confident with being able to answer different types of questions, all you can do at this point is really do a few past papers slowly, so you can really focus on how they want you to answer the question.

Learn some statistics/quotes and information about groups and institutions relevant to your depth studies.

If you haven't made summaries of your depth studies, you should do that now. The syllabi are helpful; they list the concepts relevant to the study. So for example, for Pop Culture, you need to be able to identify what makes a "popular culture" (access, chnge and evolution etc.) and also the facets of the Pop culture, such as history, ideologies, gender issues, power and control, etc.

So the best thing to do is to use these concepts as headings and list facts and statistics underneath.

If you don't feel like answering a whole essay, try making a plan of how you would use the concepts throughout, eg. a paragraph on access, which links to a paragraph on control, in which you discuss how control has changed as the pop culture moved from local to global acceptance. Then your next paragraph could further discuss commercial aspects of the Popular culture, using statistics such as net income of companies etc, and then link this to implications for society and the future of the PC, depending on the question of course.

You might not do Pop Culture, so I hope this wasn't to confusing; it was our first depth study so I just used that as an example.

awh thnx. =)
no no i am doing pop culture
& equality and difference,
thanxx !
tht was quite helpful :) ive made somewhat of a start =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)