How To Study For SDD? (1 Viewer)

Dj MuNgAs!

Old Skool
HSC
N/A
What are some ways in which you can study the notes for sdd? Does anybody know how to do pseudocode properly as well? any links to help us out with that problem?

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
What pisses me off about the option topics is that when they go to explain OO aspects etc (polymorphism etc etc), your just given some explanation. The only way I think a person can understand programing aspects is by examples of code just like how you can only understand a physics or maths formula through looking at how it is derived

I know SAM's SDD book has code examples but i want MORE, when i google some i get complicated ass ones which i think are way above my level.

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
li0n, get your hands on some java or c++ code, plenty of examples there.
the easiest i can think of for polymorphism is method (or function) overloading. i.e:

function addAmount(Integer num1, Integer num2) {
add num1 and num2
}

function addAmount(Double num1, Double num2) {
add num1 and num2
}

there ya go. polymorphism =)

oh, and thats just one form of polymorphism... it gets confusing, keep it at that =)

J0n

N/A
HSC
I've got a C++ book which explains polymorphism and other OOP concepts very clearly, and with lots of examples intended for those who were previously using just plain C.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
wow, there is so many sub-headings to theory, its like you are reading the same thing over and over again.............
i know the theory pretty well , looks like im gonna have to practice some of the algorithms :D

string2004

PoP 'n' Fresh said:
li0n, get your hands on some java or c++ code, plenty of examples there.
the easiest i can think of for polymorphism is method (or function) overloading. i.e:

function addAmount(Integer num1, Integer num2) {
add num1 and num2
}

function addAmount(Double num1, Double num2) {
add num1 and num2
}

there ya go. polymorphism =)

oh, and thats just one form of polymorphism... it gets confusing, keep it at that =)
Thats not polymorphism at all; it's just function overloading.

Code:
class A
{
public:
  virtual int foo ( ) { return 10; }
};

class B : public A
{
public:
  virtual int foo() { return 20; }
};

// This is polymorphism, base class pointer pointing to derived class
A* b = new B();

// Bam, virtual function table gets looked up and B::foo gets called returning 20
int result = b->foo();

delete b;

sunny

meh.
HSC
string2004 said:
Thats not polymorphism at all; it's just function overloading.
Overloading is a form of polymorphism. The most common form of polymorphism is what you have described - this is referred to as subtyping polymorphism (aka inheritance in C++ and Java). Another form of polymorphism is ad hoc polymorphism - overloading. In this case we would say the function is polymorphic, not the object itself.

JayWalker

HSC
Yes well I dont exactly understand polymorphism but a great thing to do to cram before your test would be to remember the algorithms... These are the only part of SDD that you will remember if you havnt allready learnt them allready.
What im sayin is that, if you havnt learn something and memorised it to heart, then your not going to remember it 100%, so try understanding some algorithms,

And also, try to desk check algorithms, a real hassel if you dont know how

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
algothrims for me is like oil and water, they never mesh together

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Algorithms tend to save me in exams, especially if i can make one that works properly, cause normally they are worth 4-5 marks

theVirus

HSC
Bogan...

Well, seeing as this topic is about how to study for the HSC... Just get a whole heap of complete summaries. Read over each of them a large number of times. Create a comprehensive summary of your own. Read over your own summary even more times than you read the others over combined. Make sure you include sorting algorithms and, if you suck at math or something, include notes on how to do Binary Division etc. When you come to the weekend before the examination, which is this weekend... Isn't it? Do 4 - 5 past papers. This will give you 5 days to drill in what hasn't already stuck and then WAMO! HSC time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)