How to study for uni? (1 Viewer)

Whovian95

HSC
hey guys,
How do you study for uni?
After attending lectures - do you makes notes/summaries?
What do you do before/after tutes, other than doing the required readings?
How do you use the core textbook?
Everything is overwhelming, and unit outline is so broad, nothing specific at all D:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What... course and what uni do you attend?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Anyone got tips for mgmt1001 - i was planning on reading (& understanding) theories, looking for relevant real life examples and writing out key terms and ideas.

Then obvs doing tute prep and what not.

This course seems easy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pHyRe

HSC
Yea, I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do.

Commerce/Science for me.

Math Linear algebra, differential calc, understanding business, psychology 1001, microeconomics.

linear algebra is going super slowly, even in the advanced stream. All seems really straightforward. And Psyc was like some basic history lecture for forensic psyc and examples for social psychology. Do i just remember all this stuff?

Also, im kind of worried about doing badly, especially in commerce. Everyone (except maybe athletes or something) got 95+ ATAR to get into the course, and with a 12% fail rate for 1001 isn't it likely that i could just get a Pass or something? I mean, everyone seems pretty studious and committed so you'd think you'd have to do pretty damn well to get a high credit or better.

Randox

HSC
N/A
Anyone got tips for mgmt1001 - i was planning on reading (& understanding) theories, looking for relevant real life examples and writing out key terms and ideas.

+1

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Studying tips for WORK1003, USYD?
Kinda worried as to what to do after attending lectures/tutes/workshops....
Currently reading through my textbook, but not knowing which information is relevant. Like seriously, a whole chapter is 20 pages :S

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

The theories are a bitch but will help for everest assignment. I had a 73 overall in that course. it isn't too hard tbh don't know why people are scared of it. dw lots of international students drag down the course avg to 60 by not participating xD

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
The theories are a bitch but will help for everest assignment. I had a 73 overall in that course. it isn't too hard tbh don't know why people are scared of it. dw lots of international students drag down the course avg to 60 by not participating xD
Well... The international kids in my lecture were really involved. Then again my lecture yday only had 50 people, maybe less.

But I dunno how they'll be in tutes.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Well... The international kids in my lecture were really involved. Then again my lecture yday only had 50 people, maybe less.

But I dunno how they'll be in tutes.

Those lectures suppose to have around 200 people.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Studying tips for WORK1003, USYD?
Kinda worried as to what to do after attending lectures/tutes/workshops....
Currently reading through my textbook, but not knowing which information is relevant. Like seriously, a whole chapter is 20 pages :S
A whole chapter for me is 40 pages. Just cut out the irrelevant information and images... Like, in a final exam, they will only pull little information from each chapter.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Those lectures suppose to have around 200 people.
I guess heaps of people didn't make it because buses yday were severely delayed by road closures...

I was the only one to walk in late. 'twas awkward :(

Some people are so confident in there answering questions. Even if they're wrong or going on a random tangent.

enoilgam

HSC
I know people will disagree, but uni is very similar to HS. Like HS, uni is a system, it is just much harder to crack as the content is obviously more difficult and it moves faster. The key is to not freak out and over time, you will eventually be able to see what you need to do in order to get through each unit.

pHyRe

HSC
so far i agree, it's just a lot bigger and a bit less regurgitation and a bit more thinking. but not as much a difference as people say it is.

a lot more fun though haha, freedom to do whatever you want is awesome.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
In general:

-Read/skim over lecture note before attending lectures
-During lectures write some brief points on printed lecture notes (this basically becomes your study material)
-attempt the tutorial problems before the tutorial (the ones you find difficult/cant do mark them out and ask your tutor to do them in the tutorial)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
How do you study for mid sems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)