How to Write a Proper Personal Reflection? (1 Viewer)

JackFinch

HSC
Hey, hey, hey, fellow S&C students!

I'd really like to integrate a Personal Reflection into my PIP (like, it's crazy how well it fits in with my topic), but my teacher says you either write a good one or a bad one.

Is there some sort of template anyone has that I could follow to fall into the former category?

I'd like to it right, and do it well. :)

Many thanks! ^_^

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
I highly doubt there's any 'templates' for good PIPs out there- it is ultimately all about being a PERSONAL Interest Project, and I always think PIPs are best when being structured and written in your own way, rather than following a strict template/structure as such for the various sections. I've integrated a bit of personal reflection throughout my PIP, but do it more as something to support or contrast my other research findings- but again, that's only the way I've chosen to do it, and I've seen some past PIPs really foreground their personal experience in the writing of their PIPs.

The Society and Culture Association have published excerpts of past prize-winning PIPs on their website- if you look through the ones with hyperlinks, there should be some good examples of Personal Reflection in some of them. http://scansw.com.au/sc_awards/sc_awards_2010.html (and previous years too)
From memory, the one called 'Veiled Hopes, Western Woes' uses Personal Experience fantastically- you can search through copies of these prize-winning PIPs at the State Library if you're stuck! Sorry I can't be of more help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)