How To Write An Imaginative Journey? (1 Viewer)

nivan11

HSC
basically what the title says. i need some ideas about what i could write about and how i can make it really effective. i'm not creative at all. ):

triple A

HSC
I have no idea. I'm curious how one could convey a good understanding of 'imaginative journey' via an imaginative response.

slinkysezzy

HSC
Hi - are you guys talking about creative writing, or critical response?

If you're talking about creative writing - you don't actually have to write an imaginative journey per se, it just has to be a journey, any kind of journey physical, inner or imaginative. It can blend elements of all three and you don't need to specify that it is an imaginative journey.

add to that the fact that basically anything you write will be "imaginative" because u will use ur imagination to create it, you should be fine.

SimoneL

HSC
slinkysezzy said:
add to that the fact that basically anything you write will be "imaginative" because u will use ur imagination to create it, you should be fine.
That's a very simplistic approach to imaginative journeys and where a lot of people go wrong when attempting to create one. They involve some sort of transformation and for this transformation to occur there must be reflection, speculation and inspiration and anything the syllabus says about them. That's how i see them anyway. They're hard to define because they're so open to interpretation from the individual.

astrolio

Shifty Member
HSC
usually think of sumthing to link to journeys. for example i red one story that i downloaded off bored of studies, what the author did was they used the symbol of a hour glass as a metaphor for jurney. they started the story at the end. then they "turned over the hourglass" the sand began to trikle out and they told the story. once the sand had finished the contracted back and the reader was taken on a imaginative jurney as such.

One of my stories i rote, i rote abt a guy taking a bath, and his bath tub transformed into a ship and he got stranded on an unknown island. he goes thru sum expierences finds the ship again, which contracts back to the bath tub and hence his learnt from his imaginative journey.

i usually use symbolic metaphors for contractions and expansion of mind to symbolise journeys. others may have other techniques.

matsabatsa

HSC
The other poster is right. an imaginative response just means "write a story" it does not have to be imaginative ( it can if you want but you only have 45 mins). When writing short stories its best to write about what you know overa short time span with only two or three characters. I repeat imaginative response does not mean imaginative journey- the question will ask that in your story you reveal the nature of the journey (any journey) so if your a good cook write about baking a cake and the journey from the earth to the flour to the batter to the cake to the mouth.... :p it can be that simple, you just need to make it with sophisticated language and some metaphoric/reflective bits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)