How to write notes? (1 Viewer)

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
What exactly do you have trouble with? Starting notes? Formatting them? Unsure precisely what information you should cover?

Shenanigan

HSC
English Standard, General Maths, Physics, IPT, SDD and Legal Studies.

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
Starting and not sure what I should write.
The basic concept of notes is a collation of information which you can refer to at anytime if need be. What you would include in notes - information you feel you will need in the future, e.g. for maths that would be formulae, important concepts, a few examples to see how said concepts and formulae are put into practice.

All you need to start notes is blank paper (writing) or a blank document (typing). You'll build upon these notes as the year progresses and keep moving them around so organisation isn't a big issue (also organisation is largely personal so you'll automatically sort things as you like).

Last edited:

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
English Standard, General Maths, Physics, IPT, SDD and Legal Studies.
English - literary devices, significant concepts, examples of how these are put into play, quotes, sections of texts
Maths - formulae, important concepts, a few examples to see how said concepts and formulae are put into practice
etc. etc.

Essentially you just take notes of things you think are important. It varies with each subject but you should get some sort of feeling when an important piece of information comes along.

barcyy

HSC
how should i write my notes? I think its best to follow the syllabus as we go on but how do i do that? where do i store it? because it's going to be something i add to.

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
how should i write my notes? I think its best to follow the syllabus as we go on but how do i do that? where do i store it? because it's going to be something i add to.
Make your notes as the topics are taught. If you're writing on paper then use an exercise book, if typing OneNote is fantastic since you can sort topics in different sections and pages :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You need your syllabus, and you need to understand how to read it too.

Get a couple of textbooks for the subject and your in-class notebooks, and incorporate them.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For English, if you choose to write notes, it should generally be based on any rubric points (if you are given a rubric for each module you do). To make notes for maths (although I could just recommend a lot of practice questions) would be to have some sort of formula book where for each topic, you write down the important formulas and perhaps a sample question or two illustrating how you do that question, and any silly mistakes to watch out for and avoid and as someone said before on this thread, using the syllabus to guide you is quite important for subjects such as IPT and physics and legal studies.

For a good example of physics notes for preliminary, see this link: http://hscnotes.weebly.com/notes3.html
For legal studies notes (I know this is HSC-but it will give you some guidance on an effective structure to format your notes for preliminary):http://community.boredofstudies.org...tes-essays-guide-97-hsc-mark.html#post6899123
For IPT tips: http://community.boredofstudies.org...information-processes-technology-student.html

Hope this helps. All the best with your senior studies:)-Just don't try to do everything at the same time-take things one at a time:)

Graceuf

HSC
I'm a bit late but I just had this seminar thingy today about study habits and note making. Their seminar book thingy can be found at the link below. I'm not sure if it'll be as good as the actual presentation but it looks okay. We did the "how to become a study sensei" section. Hope it helps. :) Sorry I'm late replying.

Book thingy: http://www.elevateeducation.com/documents/Science_of_student_success.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)