How was ext speaking? (1 Viewer)

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
hey peeps.. what d'you all think of the exam??

i did questions 1 & 3 coz i didnt understand what question 2 was asking me lol :D

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Most people did questions 1 & 2.

I could have done question 2 easily, but I couldnt be bothered.

bullz74

HSC
i actually feel that i done better than i did last week(which was pretty bad), probably because i feel a lot more relaxed this time around......

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i think i realllllly screwed up!!! >.< was really nervous, hopefully the stuff i said was relevant. i did Q1 and 3 as well. what was Q2 again?
eeh i'm soooo glad there's no more ext speaking forever!

hey, guess what! some good news....we've done 6% of our HSC already! YAY!

kochou

yesss...no more orals for the rest of my high school life!! Though I stuffed it up cos I kept stumbling and was prolly undertime...had nothing to say >< I did Q 1 & 2

~JiNnIE~

HSC
By the way guys, did you guys manage to speak exactly 2 mins?
I think I spoke too much! about 4mins i fink... do you lose marks if ya go over time? I did Q1 and Q3. It was hard.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Generally they dont mark over 3 minutes (markers have a limited time to mark). If you speak for longer, then they tend to stop listening, then you get marked down for not having an ending

~JiNnIE~

HSC
oh no. i rilly wanted to get good in this 'cause I tried so hard... I have no hope now. I feel miserable. Now, There is no hope in getting band 6 for jap rite?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Pssht, there's very rarely "no hope". Much of your actual mark depends on how your marker feels about your performance - just hope you got someone in a good mood!

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I used the word "generally"... its not guarenteed that they wont listen to it... You will probably get really lucky... If you sound good, which i reckon you would have, they will probably listen.

The thing about ext is that some people only speak for about a minute... so if yours goes for longer, then that will mean they can listen to it, because it will make the time round up :)

Dont stress, there is always hope!

arisu

yeah i did 1 and 3
did 3 first i think i did 3 minutes on that.. and then 1 i think i did 4 minutes
i asked my teacher she said they dun take marks off...

arisu

yeah i did 1 and 3
did 3 first i think i did 3 minutes on that.. and then 1 i think i did 4 minutes
i asked my teacher she said they dun take marks off...

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I assume, scince there is no alternate dates for the exams, it is safe to reveal the questions...

1. The internet has had too big an influence on education and careers. What is your opinion.

2. Parents giving their children pocket money makes it harder for them to become independent. Discuss

3. Bullying is a problem in schools without a solution. What do you think?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, if those were our questions then absolutely. But since they got different readings, I would assume they also studied different social issues and hence would have been about as prepared for their questions as we (supposedly) were for ours.

Maybe not though.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Twasnt that hard.

For question one, you just had to say some of the effects it had on education and careers. That was easy.

For question 3 you could say there is various reasons for bullying. If you come from a different country, you may get racial discrimination. If you you have your own beliefs you will get bullied. If you are a little different to the group, you may be left out.
If you study bullying it will become less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)