HOW WOULD U STRUCTURE UR ESSAYS?!?!? (1 Viewer)

band6yesplease

HSC
this is for Russia/USSR and Indochina.

What would your main three paragraphs be about?? I will know what evidence to use but how do you guys order your paragraphs??

RUSSIA
To what extent did the soviet state maintain bolshevik ideology in practice?
- I'm thinking chronological? then argue to some extent or a limited extent

Assess the importance of leading Bolshevik figures on the outcome of the power struggle between Trotsky and Stalin.

To what extent did the use of terror contribute to the political transformation of the Soviet State under Stalin?
- I would argue to a greater extent but still not a full extent but I also don't know how to order.

INDOCHINA
Which was more significant in shaping the conflict in Indochina: nationalism or communism?

To what extent did communism influence US policy toward Indochina to 1964?

Evaluate the impact of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia from 1975–79.
- I'd obviously say highly impactful but HOW DO I STRUCTURE THIS

Thank uuuuuuu xxx

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC

What would your main three paragraphs be about?? I will know what evidence to use but how do you guys order your paragraphs??

RUSSIA

Assess the importance of leading Bolshevik figures on the outcome of the power struggle between Trotsky and Stalin.

To what extent did the use of terror contribute to the political transformation of the Soviet State under Stalin?
- I would argue to a greater extent but still not a full extent but I also don't know how to order.

INDOCHINA
Which was more significant in shaping the conflict in Indochina: nationalism or communism?

Thank uuuuuuu xxx
I didn't do Indochina but I did ussr, but for all modern history qs if they have 'assess' or 'to what extent' you need to make a sophisticated judgement. to do that and get a 24+/25, you need to acknowledge the limitations of the point being made in the q

for example for to what extent did communism influence, u can say it had a major influence but since it's to what extent you have 2 paragraphs saying it had major influence but the third should be a however, other influences such as _____. if you argue it had a minor influence, you have 1 paragraph arguing it had an influence, and 2 paragraphs about the other influences

for assessing the importance, I'd say argue that leading Bolshevik figures and personalities/influence in the parties was a major role but I'd argue another one was also luck and opportunity (eg. ongoing tensions regarding the future of the NEP, the fact that stalin could've been dismissed as leader and probably wouldn't have won the power struggle due to lenin's testament saying he shouldnt be leader that never got published because the Bolsheviks found out Lenin was slandering literally everybody)

For evaluating the impact you always look at social/economic/political and thus divide your paragraphs accordingly.

pinkrose68

HSC

RUSSIA

INDOCHINA

Thank uuuuuuu xxx
RUSSIA:
how would u guys know to do like social, economic, political instead of foreign p? like it would explicitly say foreign p?
cause then i would do the same
1. Social -> repression - churches (but that didn't really work, ineffective), elimination of the kulaks (communist), show trials etc which didn't necessarily define communism
2. Economic -> NEP was a "tactical retreat", then go to massive industrialisation + collectivisation (very much communist)
3. Political -> different visions + how it changes to Stalinism in 1928 with a lot of patronage, workers, and uneducated members

INDOCHINA:
nationalism vs communism -> tbh i've ignored all these q's cause i think its very unlikely we'll be asked on this - they've asked it in the past 2/3 years

to what extent did communism affect foreign policy -> i do mine by presidents and talk about how communism drove them to send all the advisors. but then you get to Johnson and say that prestige and idealism also influenced policies

khmer rouge -> i do mine based upon the aims e.g. social/cultural with Angka + rejection of modern influences, economic consolidation and collectivisation, racial purity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)