how would you rate uni life at MQ? (1 Viewer)

Evan11

HSC
AsyLum said:
Nah I hate the atmosphere and campus and lack of subjects I want to do rofl
how can u hate the atmosphere at sydney? the ppl are great, the lecturers dont treat u like children (like at unsw). and the campus? how can u compare any physical campus to teh oxbridge usyd? hav u even been there?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No I've obviously never been there, idiot.

Its a city atmosphere, it doesn't suit the laid back feel I like, theres this inherent need to show each other up. Sandstone doesn't interest me one bit, I couldn't care less if your uni was built out of swarovski diamonds

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
AsyLum said:

Its a city atmosphere, it doesn't suit the laid back feel I like, theres this inherent need to show each other up. Sandstone doesn't interest me one bit, I couldn't care less if your uni was built out of swarovski diamonds
I don't suit the city atmosphere either... actually I hate the city and rep the 2176 as much as possible. Lol

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I don't get people who say that maq is in the middle of nowhere. It's close enough to things that matter - it has plenty of parking and it's easy to get transport there. I'd hate to travel to the city each day just to listen to lectures and go to tuts.

atreus

HSC
i dont see the motto that often, but there r two different emblems- one old one with the lighthouse thats greena dn yellow, and the newer one with the red black and white.
its also one of the few unis that the emblem isnt a shield. the 'M' makes it look more like a non-uni educational institution. they should make a shield with an M and make it look more impressive. maybe put a lion on it.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Darryl Kerrigan said:
But with the flsuhing out (hopefully) of corruption and significcant rejuvenation of student services (U@MQ), and serious investment to improvement facilities such as state-of-the-art gym, new lecture theatres .
corruption? what happened??

X

xeuyrawp

Darryl Kerrigan said:
But one thing they should change that ghastly motto!!! OMG srsLY WTF is 'And Gladly Teche'?????? Isnt there a rule somewhere that says "mottos have gotta be in latin to make an institution classy".
Yale's is in Hebrew. Hebrew > Old English > ... > Latin. Latin is the lowest form of all pretentious languages.

The two oldest universities in the world have got Arabic mottos.

Change it to something like:

"More to do but we're heading in the right direction".
OMG srsLY WTF? Isnt there a rule somewhere that says "mottos have gotta be in good english"

Last edited by a moderator:

Evan11

HSC
AsyLum said:

if uve never been there how can u know what the atmosphere is like? its a community feeling, no 1 tries to upstage other ppl they all learn together. unlike club macq which i imagine has a lot of students who are using it simply as a degree factory. srsly u dont like the usyd atmosphere but u go to macq? irony much!

randomguy777

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
corruption? what happened??
see the guy 's portrait in darryl's post :

he stole funds or something, and earned like 80k+ salary or more i think maybe 100k? anyway he was some leader or representative like the SRC you encounter in high school.(student council)
i heard he supports liberal party.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Evan11 said:
if uve never been there how can u know what the atmosphere is like? its a community feeling, no 1 tries to upstage other ppl they all learn together. unlike club macq which i imagine has a lot of students who are using it simply as a degree factory. srsly u dont like the usyd atmosphere but u go to macq? irony much!
Seriously shut the fuck up and get out.

How you can get into uni without learning how to type and/or find sarcasm is beyond me.

I tried to hold back, but seriously are you fucking retarded? Trying to use it as a degree factory? You're in a fucking commerce degree, have fun with the 30, 000 other students who graduate with your degree each year!

Irony? Rofl. Fuck.

Last edited:

atreus

HSC
AsyLum said:

How you can get into uni without learning how to type and/or find sarcasm is beyond me.

I tried to hold back, but seriously are you fucking retarded? Trying to use it as a degree factory? You're in a fucking commerce degree, have fun with the 30, 000 other students who graduate with your degree each year!

Irony? Rofl. Fuck.
Rofl. Also, Evan11, you're being hypocritical. Even if Asylum hadn't been to usyd (which any person should see it as obvious that he has been there)- you're basing your opinion on what you imagine places to be like: "unlike club macq which i imagine..."

And where did this idea of ppl trying to upstage eachother at mac come from? That sounds like something more likely to happen at usyd than at mac.

Kegs

HSC
AsyLum said:

Irony? Rofl. Fuck.
This made my day. I love you Asylum. Why dont you visit anymore? Too cool for us...?

I must say though, the Evan11 fellow did have a smashing point. Perhaps macq is a degree factory. Perhaps all unis are degree factories. Some may say that women are baby factories. Others would say that goats are infact sheep. Whichever the case, I do believe this warrants futher investigation. Are you up for the challenge?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Kegs! Been busy man, I have lunch then I'm back in the office to work or heading off to class :(

ippie

HSC
PwarYuex said:
OMG srsLY WTF? Isnt there a rule somewhere that says "mottos have gotta be in good english"
"More to do but heading in the right direction" is from KEVIN RUDD!!! '07 campaign, remember that?

Cyan_phoeniX said:
I don't get people who say that maq is in the middle of nowhere. It's close enough to things that matter - it has plenty of parking and it's easy to get transport there. I'd hate to travel to the city each day just to listen to lectures and go to tuts.
Well it depends where you live, really. I live down south-east of sydney, so UTS = best location. Shitty campus though, with buildings scattered everywhere. No wait, USYD is pretty good too.

Are you kidding? Good transport? Yeah, the services are *there*, but the question is, do they work? Hmm and trains going to epping from central are pretty shitty. Like, what 3 services an hour? Cityrail are dickheads. I can't freaking wait for that chatswood to epping line to open. I'm sick of bus drivers rejecting me, like screw them, I've got every right to be on that bus as much as they do. And I'm sick of waiting for buses. Don't they know that there's ALWAYS people waiting for buses to MQ? They should make a MQ Express bus, like UNSW. Or something

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
ippie said:
"More to do but heading in the right direction" is from KEVIN RUDD!!! '07 campaign, remember that?
Actually its from Morris Iemma's campaign, lol i guess he's still "heading" in the "right" direction, if u know what i mean.

Evan11

HSC
AsyLum said:

Irony? Rofl. Fuck.
haha ur bagging out degrees now? ok i wasnt gonna go there but whatever. the skills i will build up in a commerce degree will help me in every profession, who said im taking my profession straight from my major. retard. u go to club mac thats the biggest degree factory in the country so anything u say about sydney is just you sprouting bullshit about the best campus life in australia. retard.

atreus

HSC
can u please justify why mac is any more of a "degree factory" than any other uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)