how yo study for history and biology (1 Viewer)

kevin321

HSC
Hey I've got all my notes from over the course of the year been writing them so how do I study now? Just read the notes a lot of times and do past papers?

jnney

lemon
HSC
For biology, make sure that you actually understand everything within the notes, EVERYTHING. The exams in biology test your application of knowledge, so merely being able to spew out information is not good enough. Do lots and lots of past papers, take your time in the first few, and then do the rest under timed conditions. If you are unsure of how to answer a question, attempt it anyway as you would in an exam. Also, make sure that you ask your teacher to mark your answers - you could have some problems with the structuring of your responses, etc.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Study is an individual pursuit.

I'd say bio is a lot of rote remembering things, but you do need the understanding to apply knowledge in the meatier Qs (Normally 4 marks+).

What history do you do?
Modern is a stickler for answering the Q like most subs, but so so important. An essay will get nowhere if it doesn't understand the Q. Obviously you need the content base first, before refining Q answering attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)