how'd everyone go in speakin??? (1 Viewer)

beLLe!~ ^__*

ok complainin timeeeee...

dat jap exam wos gay! i wos pwetti prepared......but aii even tho da examiner wos realli nice .....I GOT SUCH HARD QSTNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like marriage qstns and qstnz on travellin in japan wen i made it clear dat i havent been 2 japan and want 2 go 2 japan!! aii.....soo stoopid.....and she kept repeatin da same qstns in a diff wordin! sigh....soo stoopid.....she made me answer da same qstn twice wid diff wordin but basicalli i wos pretti much repeatin wot i had 2 say! -__-'' now 4 jap 3u.........i soooooooo regret takin jap!!! does neone kno bout how jap scales in da hsc?

kochou

Man sounds like you got unlucky...my examiner was nice too, and she asked really straightforward Qs (most fo the time anyway)..mainly about school and family...But I kinda stuffed up cos I was pretty nervous. Still it was a fun experience :D

bullz74

HSC
to beLLe: japanese actually scales up very well, you can check the scaling on the boredofstudies homepage. continuers is comparable with physics/chem scaling while extension is comparable with Ext1 maths.... :rolleyes:

on to today's speaking, didn't do too well i think, most questions wasn't hard, but i was way too nervous....... spoke too casually with some bad errors.....:(
i lost the usual confidence that i had when i do my speaking at school.... i dont know why...... :confused: im the sort of 'on the spot' speaker, so when my confidence was gone and nerves sets in, i start to crash here and there........ :mad:

yeah i got extension speaking next saturday as well, hope all of yous good luck :eek:

Last edited:
HSC
I thought i would be screwed coz i get real nervous and lose all my jap when im put on the spot... but i totally kicked ass. It was fabulous, give me another plz.

bullz74

HSC
congratulations for people that did well!

and for people like me who didn't go too well, don't be too hard on yourself, this is merely a part of our exam and we still have lots of time to make it up in the written part......^_^

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I did ok i guess... not overly good, but not overly bad.

I got asked 2 questions i didnt like... One was about school rules in japan... I hate the entire school rules topic so i manage to block it out of my mind, and i cant remember what the rules in japan were anyway.

The other question was something about me liking something... I had absolutly no idea what she said. Id never heard the word in my entire life... so I just said yes.

The thing that annoyed me the most is the other day i was listening to the standards package and someone kept saying いるいる instead of いろいろ... I laughed at that, then in my test i said it... so i was very angry at myself.

But i had fun :) Now another 5 trials and 2 practicals to go next week... w000t.

Jamielee003

BITE ME
HSC
Well, I dont know

I think I went ok, but usually i think that and then go really bad. So i am not worrying about it. It is kinda pointless anyways. I am more worried about the Reading Writing Responding section. most of all the listening bit, the tapes go about sixty hunderd million too many fasts.

But good luck to all of my fellow japanese learners. I wish you all the best in your adventures. Just dont get bogged down in the HSC it is such a small part of your life, nothing to take too seriously.

jesshika

supreme being
hehehe lol daijoubu da yo .. everyone was practically in the same boat ...

i went alright .. my examiner was cool and nice ... and she was not japanese so that was pretty goood lol hahah

She would ask the questions that i had prepared for.. minutes later repeat some and then i would give another answer.... is it okay if sometimes you contradict??? lol

she then spontaneously asked me if i had a boyfriend and what type of guys i like ... did any one get asked that ????

i was nervous and when she replayed the tape i could hear how my voice was shaking .. hahaha but it wa all goood i guess

arisu

beLLe!~ ^__* said:
ok complainin timeeeee...

dat jap exam wos gay! i wos pwetti prepared......but aii even tho da examiner wos realli nice .....I GOT SUCH HARD QSTNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like marriage qstns and qstnz on travellin in japan wen i made it clear dat i havent been 2 japan and want 2 go 2 japan!! aii.....soo stoopid.....and she kept repeatin da same qstns in a diff wordin! sigh....soo stoopid.....she made me answer da same qstn twice wid diff wordin but basicalli i wos pretti much repeatin wot i had 2 say! -__-'' now 4 jap 3u.........i soooooooo regret takin jap!!! does neone kno bout how jap scales in da hsc?
OMG for me it was the other way around i wanted them to ask me about marriage and kids coz i fully prepared! i had like 3-4 sentences on each of : wanting to become a house wife : how many kids i want, wanting a boy or a girl, what kind of husband i want, what preparation i'll make before i before a house wife
BUT SHE DIDNT ASK ME ABOUT MY FUTURE OMGGGGGGGG .. she was on about daily routine for like 3 minutes and i was like hello this is like 1/20th of the syllubus you spend so much time on it..

i paused twice ...

i made i think a couple of particle mistakes..

i made a few grammar mistakes..

i think i had this sentence that didn't really make sense...

OH and she asked me the same question twice 'do you wanna go to japan' and i knew i already explained why i havent and why i wanna go so i wouldnt do it again so i just gave her a 1 sentence answer...

Oh and she forgot to state 'the examination will now commence' and just went straight into talking...

X

xeuyrawp

beLLe!~ ^__*, if you speak Japanese like you type english, you're fucked. I wouldn't be complaining about the questions.

My exam was all good. As I expected, one answer led to the next question, easy does it.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i got this aussie teacher and her accent was pretty good!, i wasn't expecting that.

She asked me reallly simple questions and then it went more and MORE demanding!...at first she's like 'what do u do in your spare time?' i was thinking, wow...i think i've been asked this a million times...
Then omg....after a few more Q's she asked me to compare japanese customs with australian customs!! >.< i think i screwed this one up cuz i came up with this really dodgy answer.
i tried to expand my answers as my teacher told me to, but prolly expanded a bit too much.
eegh...glad it's over~ just back there in another weeks time to do extension speaking

X

xeuyrawp

Well, generally, if they ask the more demanding questions, it shows the examiner has confidence in you, and that you're obviously going well.

~JiNnIE~

HSC
I am depressed after that exam. I've always thought that I'd do fine in the speaking exam cus its what i am best at, but...>.<
the examiner was nice and ebithin xcept that she asked me qns that I had never prepared 4. like:
" what do think about the opening ceremony of the Olympics at Athens on Thursday?"
" I hear that your dad is in KOrea, how many visits does he make to Australia?" What kinda qn is that?
she gave me a heart attack. and to make matters worse, I was really sick. I need someone to comfort me, so I cant get some self-confidence at least for my coming 3unit jap exam... >.<

Last edited:

Catastrophe

HSC
arisu said:
OMG for me it was the other way around i wanted them to ask me about marriage and kids coz i fully prepared! i had like 3-4 sentences on each of : wanting to become a house wife : how many kids i want, wanting a boy or a girl, what kind of husband i want, what preparation i'll make before i before a house wife
BUT SHE DIDNT ASK ME ABOUT MY FUTURE OMGGGGGGGG .. she was on about daily routine for like 3 minutes and i was like hello this is like 1/20th of the syllubus you spend so much time on it..

i paused twice ...

i made i think a couple of particle mistakes..

i made a few grammar mistakes..

i think i had this sentence that didn't really make sense...

OH and she asked me the same question twice 'do you wanna go to japan' and i knew i already explained why i havent and why i wanna go so i wouldnt do it again so i just gave her a 1 sentence answer...

Oh and she forgot to state 'the examination will now commence' and just went straight into talking...
LMAO!!

I reckon continuers is to much like begginers if thats the questions u get....we have the same kinda questions>< still find them easy, only thing that worries me is the examiners..

arisu

haha yeah it probably is similar...

oh gawd i still can't get over her not asking me about my future....

i have extension jap this week and i'm pretty screwed for that... at this second i still have about 10 speeches to write up .. coz i have about 5 good ones to far...

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
don't fret!!
apparently getting asked hard questions is an indication that you were doing pretty well and the examiner just wanted to trick you into stumbling and into a spiral of depression, leading to sex drugs and rock and roll.
well, not the last part. so if you got asked questions that aren't simple, you're doing good!

garry

in my speaking exam i got one of the question says "futsu yasumi ni nani wo shimasuka?" does that mean normal holiday or something? I thought she mean fuyu yatsumi so i asked her but she say futsu yasumi again.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
What do you usually do on/for holidays?

Like, would you normally go to the Gold Coast? Overseas? Skiing? Shopping? That kind of thing. :)

beLLe!~ ^__*

to PwarYuex- nooooo i don't usualli speak english like dis ! ahah....net language! lols...oddly ennuf english is my best subject! kaka!~ ^^
yeh stoopid jap! how'd everyone go in 3u?

i wish i sed moreeee! =/ but i wos realli unprepared! its sooo daym annoyin how we've got two hsc jap speakins inbetween trials!

o welps......at least its ova now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)