How's everyone coping? (1 Viewer)

swifty13

HSC
I'm getting stressed too but I can't start studying for trials yet - 3 more assessment this term. Just going to have to work my butt off in the holidays.

lizlawson

HSC
so stressed! although its my own fault, I never study or revise my work :\ legal studies and english are the worst subjects ever :(

ismeta

HSC
I don't think I'm as stressed as I should be! I am feeling the pressure to keep my first-in-subjects (4U and economics, hurk) though. My mum thinks I'm rundown because I've been ill the last couple of months, which is strange because I've felt fine mentally. I felt much worse last year.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't think I'm as stressed as I should be! I am feeling the pressure to keep my first-in-subjects (4U and economics, hurk) though. My mum thinks I'm rundown because I've been ill the last couple of months, which is strange because I've felt fine mentally. I felt much worse last year.
Congrats for first in 4U! Stress will cause worry. Worry will cause foginess (is that a word?) in your mind and you WILL need a clear head for 4U.

I felt very little/no stress during my 4U studies and it became ENJOYABLE for me to study it ie: I procrastinated by doing it and by reading up on various Math things on the net.

Each person functions differently, but just giving you a bit of perspective that more stress doesn't necessarily correlate with more marks.

ismeta

HSC
Congrats for first in 4U! Stress will cause worry. Worry will cause foginess (is that a word?) in your mind and you WILL need a clear head for 4U.

I felt very little/no stress during my 4U studies and it became ENJOYABLE for me to study it ie: I procrastinated by doing it and by reading up on various Math things on the net.

Each person functions differently, but just giving you a bit of perspective that more stress doesn't necessarily correlate with more marks.
Very true, and thanks :D I'd been so worried about IPT last year that the stress just burned out, and I wasn't stressed at all before the HSC exam. It was funny. And it's very enjoyable for me to study 4U, too; I procrastinate by doing 4U as well, which is great for 4U but not for my other subjects >.> (namely english and physics). Which is why I want to take maths in uni. I can picture myself rolling in it. Figuratively.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Very true, and thanks :D I'd been so worried about IPT last year that the stress just burned out, and I wasn't stressed at all before the HSC exam. It was funny. And it's very enjoyable for me to study 4U, too; I procrastinate by doing 4U as well, which is great for 4U but not for my other subjects >.> (namely english and physics). Which is why I want to take maths in uni. I can picture myself rolling in it. Figuratively.
See you at Uni next year then. Good to see your studying Maths there.

Nevermind, you will be at UNSW =p.

ismeta

HSC
See you at Uni next year then. Good to see your studying Maths there.

Nevermind, you will be at UNSW =p.
>:p I've had USyd maths (and compsci) recommended to me though, so...it's still a possibility!

x_cheesecake_x

HSC
Am I the only one whose atar goal is not like 95+?? Honestly, I don't even think i'll get an atar of 75, and everyone here is aiming for 99 D: Yes, time goes by so fast and not a day goes by without me regretting choosing business studies over indonesian :( I didn't think I was that stressed but my hair has started falling out, hmm..... And you guys have started module C in english!?!?!

RishBonjour

HSC
No hope. Just started Julius caesar today :(

Also, several people in my year finished courses for a few subs already. Shall lose my ranks :(

And "cheesecake" --> My goal is 93+ :) so no, not everyone is like 99.5+

Also, don't limit yourself. just try your best

Last edited:

vexx32

HSC
I'm pretty nonchalant about the whole thing... which is probably a bad thing. Only thing I'm worried about is my friends and how they'll do -- they can do well, but I have my doubts if they can be bothered.

ismeta

HSC
yeah but we have leather chairs in the unsw maths building

LEATHER CHAIRS
But the USyd SIT building is pretty much made of glass! ...oh, wait, so is the UNSW CSE building. Plus the UNSW CSE computers actually run Linux (it makes me feel at home). >:D Haven't seen the UNSW maths building yet, but I hope to!

jordelizabeth

HSC
i have NO motivation. like, its important for me to do well, yet i still sit here watching game of thrones, not studying!! how are all of you staying motivated!

jordelizabeth

HSC
Am I the only one whose atar goal is not like 95+?? Honestly, I don't even think i'll get an atar of 75, and everyone here is aiming for 99 D: Yes, time goes by so fast and not a day goes by without me regretting choosing business studies over indonesian :( I didn't think I was that stressed but my hair has started falling out, hmm..... And you guys have started module C in english!?!?!
i am NOT aiming for 95+ haha, no way jose!

Aysce

HSC
^ This. Plus my crappy ranks which my ever so superior brother keeps stamping on make it worse.
Keep trying bruh, still time.

I wish I had a brother in the same year as me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)