hows everyone going with advanced eng?? (1 Viewer)

mathemalia

HSC
not going too bad, but can get better, i'm getting sick of our new module, "Modernism" especially with TS Eliot's poem, The Love Song of J.Alfred Prufrock

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going pretty well...
I don't know where I'm ranked, but looking at my results for the Area of Study assessment, I'd say I'm somewhere near the top.

BUT...I'm so over what we're doing now, it just doesn't interest me. We're doing 'The Critical Eye'...
basically, look at this painting, now look at these poems written about the painting...how does the painter express their ideas? how does the poet express the painting? Do you agree with the poet? What is the painting's mood?

blah blah blah

Zee Zappo

HSC
Ah doing shit, I like English but I was a lazy fucktard who didnt write a proper, lengthy practice essay and got really crap in my first written assessment. Although for the oral, I did good.

Hey guys, I've been having this subconscious problem with my body shaking when I'm doing my speeches :S
it's just been recent, like when I'm speaking my voice does not get affected, so my voice doesnt get shaky or start stuttering or anything, just my hands start shaking really badly. So I lost a mark on that because it drew everyones attention on my hands rather than my speech.
Can anyone give me any suggestions to stop the shaking?

My friend said to meditate, like breathe in and out, and try to relax, its easier said than done!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Winging it always seems to yield me far superior marks than if I actually tried to study for it.

Salliea

HSC
not going as well as i want...:cry:
must....do....better .__. :angry:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Coming 3rd :)
My assessment marks:
14/15 speech (worth 15%)
13/20 Reading response (worth 10%) ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING.
14/15 Essay (worth 15%)
15/15 Emma/Clueless Reading response (worth 15%) LOOOOL. It's funny cause I didn't even go past chapter 4 in Emma.

Schoey93

HSC
Coming 3rd :)
My assessment marks:
14/15 speech (worth 15%)
13/20 Reading response (worth 10%) ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING.
14/15 Essay (worth 15%)
15/15 Emma/Clueless Reading response (worth 15%) LOOOOL. It's funny cause I didn't even go past chapter 4 in Emma.
Third? WOW! I'm coming close to the bottom (31/42)
I suck at English. Please help me! Aiutarmi!

steph xx

HSC
i'm fifth or something out of 40-something kids.
not like it actually matters or anything
year eleven doesn't really mean anything, just practice, kids, for the big stuff.

Holly M

HSC
Well... It's hell on earth! :)

I suck at it, and it's destroying my soul.

I have been continually very surprised with my marks.

My results:
Half Yearly......................62%
Ass. 1 (Listening)...........85%
Ass. 2 (Essay)................80%
Ass. 3 (Speech)..............80%

Off the top of my head, I think that's right.

Which gave me an overall assessment rank of 10/40.

Mark wise, I'm doing alright considering. However for my HSC it would not be good.
With all my Half-Yearly marks input into an ATAR calculator i got 85ish... if i dropped Ext English (yes i do it, no i don't know why) and bumped my Adv English mark from 62% to 80% i got 95ish. :) So I just need to do that then.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
1/36 which I'm thrilled with, but really annoyed at my actual marks and the stupid mistakes that put me there! Stupid half yearly.

isabellatres

HSC
Uni Grad
Othello is the best. So is T.S.Eliot. They are actually really interesting once you get into them

noreun

HSC
Crap. 36/56.

Assessments:
Speech- 15/20
Essay- Yet to be decided. Though I don't have a good feeling about that one either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)