HSC 2016 Maths Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Re: HSC 2016 2U Marathon

Next Question:
The gradient of a curve is y' = x^2 − 4x + 3 and the curve passes through the origin. Find the equation of the curve.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

Heeeey! It's Dr Xie in the thread :D

Drsoccerball

HSC

Not really... When doing a definite integral in mechanics it is absolutely necessary to have both sides definite integral. Usually its just t on the LHS and therefore it doesnt really appear as a definite integral but it is. An example of this is the rocket launch question I can post if you like?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Not really... When doing a definite integral in mechanics it is absolutely necessary to have both sides definite integral. Usually its just t on the LHS and therefore it doesnt really appear as a definite integral but it is. An example of this is the rocket launch question I can post if you like?
What do you mean by "not really"? The one I wrote is just a restatement of the fundamental theorem of calculus pretty much (since f(0) = 0).

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Last edited:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

Unlike Trebla's 4U marathon where former students are generally discouraged from posting answers to the questions posed, on this thread and also the 3U thread, there are no restrictions on who can and cannot post! :D

leehuan

HSC

oh yeah..shit. and i need to start learning how to use latex.
I told calambe the same thing. I never learnt LaTeX, I always used Daum Equation Editor.
I love this method. But personally I reckon keep it out of the 2u student's mindset because it's more confusing.

EDIT: Also, lol yeah what InteGrand said.

leehuan

HSC

NEXT QUESTION:

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

'Arbitrary points' could you select (pi/4, 1/sqrt(2)) as Point A and call say point B (pi/6, 1/2)? (Given that C is (0,1))

I think of arbitrary as just random points

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I can't be bothered Googling but I am slightly confused about the domain for an absolute function.

Would the below setting be right for the domain of a function over that interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)