HSC 2017 MX2 Integration Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

calamebe

HSC
Re: HSC 4U Integration Marathon 2017

Also sorry if my handwriting poses any issues

calamebe

HSC

that is not in it's simplest form.
I know, but it's the right answer and I can't be bothered to put it in it's simplest form.

Edit: stuff it ln(3^(5/4)/2^(23/12))

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC

Meh doesn't work anyway, cause if it were Poisson the upper limit of the sum should be inf

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Wait what... is there something special about the Poisson distribution I should know
The LHS integrates the PDF of a Gamma(n,beta) r.v. (where beta = 1/lambda) from 0 to t and the RHS is the probability a Poisson(lambda*t) r.v. is bigger than or equal to n. The identity thus shows that in a Poisson process, the number of events occurring in time 0 to t when the rate is lambda is Poisson (lambda*t) if we assume the time between events is iid exponential(lambda) (noting that a sum of n iid exponential(lambda) is Gamma(n, (1/lambda)).

Last edited:

trecex1

HSC

He probably accelerated ahead of himself, how else would he get up to 4U integration?
Not that easy to self learn the 4u course, unless you have a lot of spare time and really like maths.

jathu123

HSC

How do you already know 4u integration wtf
started ages ago, from watching vids and looking at other peoples working out on marathons. (thats partially how i grasped integration by substitution lol, by looking at people making dx the subject etc). Then participating in marathons strengthens the understanding as well as helping learn new stuff.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

started ages ago, from watching vids and looking at other peoples working out on marathons. (thats partially how i grasped integration by substitution lol, by looking at people making dx the subject etc). Then participating in marathons strengthens the understanding as well as helping learn new stuff.
What other topics are you familiar with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)