HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
Gen Maths: 81%, rank=8 or 9/50ish
End Adv, AoS: 78%
SoR: 75%
IPT: 84%, 1/12
Chem: 58%

Overall, a bit disappointed in my marks, I had a fair amount of stupid mistakes in Maths, went over time in RE speech so lost 4 marks, there's no way I want Eco back -- the worst exam I've ever done, and my Chem just sucks this year.

With IPT, I'm very happy with my rank, would have liked a higher percentage though, lol, but with 10marks between me and 2nd in the exam, I'm satisfied.

The Chem exam was just...shit. Nothing like the HSC, it was way harder than last year's trials and HSC exam, and the teacher won't give me the marks I deserve on certain questions. Quickly becoming my least favourite subject.
Similar thing happened in my RE speech but i lost marks due to my speech delivery. Max of 92%->80%. Oh well.
I guess your teacher made your chem exam extra hard so that it would push your class to study even harder for your trials and hsc.

xx__savannah

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Similar thing happened in my RE speech but i lost marks due to my speech delivery. Max of 92%->80%. Oh well.
I guess your teacher made your chem exam extra hard so that it would push your class to study even harder for your trials and hsc.
Yeah, in my last speech I spoke too quickly cos I was sick, so I went slow in RE and went for 45 seconds longer than I had timed it to be.

And the class I'm in for Chem cos I'm repeating it, is a class of Year 11 accelerants, with 4 year 12s, and 4 repeating it like me. She just teaches thing a lot different to our old teacher, who used to set them like the HSC and trial so we'd be used to it. I had exactly what I would have done last year, and got marked wrong, and I pointed it out in the text book, but the "picture in her head" of my answer didn't sound like what I wrote, so I didn't get the marks... Too confusing, I reckon.

kolgf

HSC
are these good marks :|

English paper 1: 60%
English paper 2: 73%
General Maths: 84%
Business Studies: 80%
IPT: 56% :( i noe highest was 68%

passion89

HSC
kolgf said:
are these good marks :|

English paper 1: 60%
English paper 2: 73%
General Maths: 84%
Business Studies: 80%
IPT: 56% :( i noe highest was 68%
They are good. Not excellent (but you'd know that). You can definately improve. Maybe aim for getting all your subjects above 80? The quality of your marks also depends on the difficulty of your tests and how well everyone else went.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
kolgf said:
There is still a chance to improve yeah?
Of course you can improve and catch up in your ranks, however it will require alot of commitment and hard work for the rest of the semester. Don't give up.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
kolgf said:
Yes thank you, i will try my best.
a quote i love to use all the tme :

"Defeat is only but a temporary status .. it's giving up that makes it permanent"

this applies to all students! .. Never give up.

and ur percentages are higher than mine (besides IPT .. and haven't got business back yet ><!) .. so just work harder at it/ for english: bother your teacher everyweek with an essay! :)
that's what im doing. bahaha ... i might turn it up a notch and churn out 2 essays per week

Filadelphia

HSC
im pretty happy with my marks, they were good passes, i studied my ass off and i was happy with how i went when it came to the exams. i know revise revise revise, its all we seem to do....my parents always tell me there is no point looking back cuz there is nothing you can do about it

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Modern History 81/100 ranked 2nd

SOR I 17/20

Biology 54/75

Legal Studies still waiting

passion89

HSC
shinji said:
a quote i love to use all the tme :

"Defeat is only but a temporary status .. it's giving up that makes it permanent"

this applies to all students! .. Never give up.

That's an awesome quote. Lately I've been acting the 'counsellor' at my school (a lot of people are dead from stress and demotivation) lol and you wouldn't mind if I pinched it would ya? haha

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
passion89 said:
That's an awesome quote. Lately I've been acting the 'counsellor' at my school (a lot of people are dead from stress and demotivation) lol and you wouldn't mind if I pinched it would ya? haha
haha go ahead.. i think i pinched it from a movie .. so 'meh.
forgot which one though.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Got Mathematics Extension 1 back yesterday.....79/84. That might look like a good top range mark (94%) but in terms of ranking I got toppled by other people....lol. The highest mark was 82/84, with quite a number of people between me and first place....My rank dropped from equal 3rd in the first assessment task to something like 10th after this exam....

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
passion89 said:
You have 4 people in your class? lol or did I read something wrong...?
Yes, we have four people in the class. My biggest class is English - 13, and my entire year has 22 people. :p

I_F

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
thats seriously crazy trebla!
how frustrating...im sure u'll pull ur rank back up soon :)

got my exams back... all in all im happy and inspired to do better...

Chemistry...at the end of year 11 i was coming last in the class :(...
but i got a tutor and set my butt to work...
i came 1st in our assessment and 1st in the half yearly!!! LIKE NO WAY!!! lol the results arent anything astounding...but im so ready to improve...
assessment on titrations: 73%
half-yearly exam: 71%

Physics... my rank is normally 15/16th... out of 26
in the exam i came 5th!!! ((except my mark was 54%:()
and in the prac... woah...i normally fail them soooo badly...
but i got 81% and ranked 4th!

Biology... totally disappointed :( it was my last exam and i seriously did not put the work in... all my fault...
i got 70%...about average...but i know i could have got 90...it was so easy if you knew your stuff... i guess i learnt the hard way there :p

Maths... im bad at maths... really really bad... 52%

English... 33/45...speech on king lear and critics (our exam was worth nothing:p)

my happiness outweighs my sadness

wooot...GO CLASS OF 2006!

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
*yooneek* said:
thats seriously crazy trebla!
how frustrating...im sure u'll pull ur rank back up soon :)

got my exams back... all in all im happy and inspired to do better...

Chemistry...at the end of year 11 i was coming last in the class :(...
but i got a tutor and set my butt to work...
i came 1st in our assessment and 1st in the half yearly!!! LIKE NO WAY!!! lol the results arent anything astounding...but im so ready to improve...
assessment on titrations: 73%
half-yearly exam: 71%

Physics... my rank is normally 15/16th... out of 26
in the exam i came 5th!!! ((except my mark was 54%:()
and in the prac... woah...i normally fail them soooo badly...
but i got 81% and ranked 4th!

Biology... totally disappointed :( it was my last exam and i seriously did not put the work in... all my fault...
i got 70%...about average...but i know i could have got 90...it was so easy if you knew your stuff... i guess i learnt the hard way there :p

Maths... im bad at maths... really really bad... 52%

English... 33/45...speech on king lear and critics (our exam was worth nothing:p)

my happiness outweighs my sadness

wooot...GO CLASS OF 2006!
congrats on chemistry... i wish i could get marks like that... i might start alternating chemistry and maths with my tutor

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
splendid idea!
do u enjoy chem? :)

...oh and thank you btw! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)