HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (2 Viewers)

karoooh

HSC
Got my Adv. English mark back... 100%! Speech and Visual Rep. which I absolutely hate! I thought I'd stuffed up the speech because my tongue got really dry and kept sticking to the roof of my mouth, which made me stumble quite a bit... But now I'm ecstatic!

Bus.Stud - 85%+
Anc.Hist. - Pending (but I think I'll get 80-90%)
Maths and Physics - Don't ask. I'm extremely ashamed. I've stuffed up big time and really need to pull my socks up - I passed though... I don't really like the thought of this fact being the bright side of it, so I'll just have to study extra hard for Maths and Physics during the next 6 weeks!

And fit in an English essay on AOS Journey with reference to 5 texts - But I get 12 weeks, so that's cool!

Keep up the good work everyone! Am EXTREMELY impressed!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hmmm.

English AOS Oral - 14/15 - somewhere in the top 20 / 213
Maths 2U - wont count - 60/70 - who gives a shit.
Maths 2U HSC 2005 - 95
Maths 3U - 55/58 - somehwere in the top 15 / 180ish
Economics - 14.5/20 - I hate economics.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Blah

Advanced English (speech on representation...bah) - 15/20. Marked unfairly, only one teacher instead of two like every other panel. Bastards. Oh well.

Ancient History (2 essays) - 45/50

English Extension 2 (proposal) - 9/10

Visual Arts - Full marks I was told, however no rankings/marks as it was not assessed, although it involved a shit load of Art Theory, a Minor work and 25 pgs of lead up work completed so it looks like we do things....

SOR1, EE1, History Ext - Assessments in Term 1. Noooooooooooooooo.

*Dies*

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah i have to wait for english and chemistry and economics, all of which i'm hoping to perform well in.

*crosses fingers*

Some good results guys. Well done. ;)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Yeah i have to wait for english and chemistry and economics, all of which i'm hoping to perform well in.

*crosses fingers*

Some good results guys. Well done. ;)

*bows* ..nah my results are and will be betteeeeer. :)
good luck in eng and chem mate

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It sucks having assessments on the last week or two of term because it means you gotta wait till next term, or next year in this case... :(

It's been so long that i've forgotten what the essay question in my english assessment was lol.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
It sucks having assessments on the last week or two of term because it means you gotta wait till next term, or next year in this case... :(

It's been so long that i've forgotten what the essay question in my english assessment was lol.
yeah i had my modern history assessment 3days before the end of school. what's wrost is that you dont feel like doing it really since its end of the yr ><*

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I did my english task 2 weeks ago along with all other exams. Ive gotten results for all but english. My english teachers will be having a very MERRY christmas marking all those responses.

karoooh

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yeah i had my modern history assessment 3days before the end of school. what's wrost is that you dont feel like doing it really since its end of the yr ><*
LOL Me too! Except for me, it was Ancient History - Close enough! And then, after that assessment, when I was finally free from stressful studying, I felt completely lost, because I had nothing else to study for, and all the other years were winding down, but we weren't! It's like, I had no purpose being there or something! I don't like that feeling of insecurity - School's been my second home for the last 13 years! :eek:

So whenever I think about this, I start panicking about the HSC and life after that... Not very nice! :D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
LOL Me too! Except for me, it was Ancient History - Close enough! And then, after that assessment, when I was finally free from stressful studying, I felt completely lost, because I had nothing else to study for, and all the other years were winding down, but we weren't! It's like, I had no purpose being there or something! I don't like that feeling of insecurity - School's been my second home for the last 13 years! :eek:

So whenever I think about this, I start panicking about the HSC and life after that... Not very nice! :D
ancient was on the same day as well, same as maths which i had. i felt sorry for the people who did all three of the subjects lol. yeah i know how you feel about insecurity. like even though you sometimes might get bored out of your mind in some classes, you still feel you rather stay at school as you have somewhere to go everyday and can catch up with your friends. and i have realise im starting to panick a lot these days, plus i dunt have a clue of what i wanna do after school as the courses i wanna do are either two high or its near to impossible to find a job for it. anyways good luck with everything ^^;

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Don't worry guys, we'll get though it, I mean everyone else before us has, we are no exception. :]

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ooo you guys just finished your first/second HSC assessments? :rolleyes: Hope it all went well and accordingly! I'm sure most of you tried your best. Though do not worry if you went badly in your first/second tasks, its surprising but at some schools that I knew of this year encountered 4 classes of students failing in English Advanced, haha they all received 6-12 marks / 20.

Though use each failure as further encouragement to do even better in ur next task. Somewhat I find these assessments to be rather useless, the Trial HSC & HSC practically makes up for all your bad marks through the year, though of course for those aiming for 100 UAI, then its a different story.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Has anyone ever failed a few assesment tasks in the past and still easily got 90-95+ in the UAI.

I kinda feel like this 10/20 for english has ruined my chance of getting a 80+ in that subject and over a 85 in the UAI

By the way, i also failed 2U maths test.

Apart from maths and english i goin probly a bit above average:

Business 17/20 - 20% of assessment tasks
P.E 40/50 - 20% of assessment tasks
R.E- Pending- Pretty Sure i passed
Chemistry- Pending- hopeful of a 16+/20 10%

So what do u guys think, have a almost ruined my chances of a 85+ UAI
and a 80+ mark in each subject

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sando said:
Has anyone ever failed a few assesment tasks in the past and still easily got 90-95+ in the UAI.

I kinda feel like this 10/20 for english has ruined my chance of getting a 80+ in that subject and over a 85 in the UAI

By the way, i also failed 2U maths test.

Apart from maths and english i goin probly a bit above average:

Business 17/20 - 20% of assessment tasks
P.E 40/50 - 20% of assessment tasks
R.E- Pending- Pretty Sure i passed
Chemistry- Pending- hopeful of a 16+/20 10%

So what do u guys think, have a almost ruined my chances of a 85+ UAI
and a 80+ mark in each subject
I haven't failed a subject in a long time, last time was like yr 9 latin lol, which i dropped anyway. The 10/20 will hurt that english mark, but it hasn't stuffed you up completely. As for your other subjects, they seem to be around the 80% range, so you should be fine in my opinion. Just keep working at it.

karoooh

HSC
Riviet said:
Don't worry guys, we'll get though it, I mean everyone else before us has, we are no exception. :]
When people like you, Riviet, say these things - It really motivates me, so right now, I've calmed down... Either because of this or because I'm tired... :rolleyes:

Oh, and congrats on the mark for Modern .ben!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)