Hsc At Tafe? (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
looks so complicated sasky, i know how you feel......i have to go granville on info day & my interview time will come!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
just accept at bradfield you can transfer to ultimo later if u want and its total bull what they're tellin you about not knowing, all the other TAFEs have got info about their subs just ask for a their info sheet, heck the TAFE at the Gong gave me an info pack 15 pages long with assessment dates an everything, and gymea and bankstown have the same thing

Sasky

HSC
69^boi said:
looks so complicated sasky, i know how you feel......i have to go granville on info day & my interview time will come!!
Yeah, tell me about it! GOOD LUCK for ur interview too!

kami said:
just accept at bradfield you can transfer to ultimo later if u want and its total bull what they're tellin you about not knowing, all the other TAFEs have got info about their subs just ask for a their info sheet, heck the TAFE at the Gong gave me an info pack 15 pages long with assessment dates an everything, and gymea and bankstown have the same thing
Yeah, thanz Kami, might just do that. The ultimo ppl gave me a 3 pg info sheet, crap on how to just turn up on the day, all this s***. It's supposed to be the biggest tafe campus, but Bradfield's more organised than they are!

Well, Tafe = government = losers.

Oh well.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
lucky for u at bradfield, its like a normal high school and no need to pay money for books just your normal school fees wheres other tafe you have to buy it!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
nah the only books you really need 2 buy r the maths ones the TAFE library has all the others and a dude in my 2u math class didn'nt even buy a math book all year just borrowed from ILC

69^boi

HSC
N/A
coz i keep thinking should i? or shouldnt , coz its just under an hour i think to get to bradfield & i left it to the last minute which i think is really really to late to apply at bradfield?? wots their Phone number maybe i try tommorow ring them up...also is it possible to do your subjects somewhere betweem 8 & finish at 3 coz i relly dont wanna do it in the evening

Last edited:

Sasky

HSC
69^boi said:
coz i keep thinking should i? or shouldnt , coz its just under an hour i think to get to bradfield & i left it to the last minute which i think is really really to late to apply at bradfield?? wots their Phone number maybe i try tommorow ring them up...also is it possible to do your subjects somewhere betweem 8 & finish at 3 coz i relly dont wanna do it in the evening
It's never too late - I'll give u the number, they might say its a bit late, but they'll ask u to fill in the application form - I sent mine in right the day after. U'll need to provide ur reports from yr. 12, a reference letter, awards (if u want to include them), prelim and school certificate, etc.
It's better to go in and just pick one up. There's also a page - 'your personal statement' - where they ask u 'why are u ready to accept the challenge of studying @ Bradfield' etc. You have to write a bit. But just blab on it how its really good for ur goals, u like the environment, etc.
Their no.s 9448 4222. See if their open now - maybe there's someone still in the office. It's better now than never.
U can finish earlier in the day - it depends on ur subjects - u can switch them around so u can leave earlier each day or u can stay behind to do more, so u dont come in every day.

Sasky

HSC
and kami - which campus did u do it at? How long u did it for? How many subs?

:rolleyes:

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
gymea is having their info day on the 25th... do we need to take nething with us??

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Gymea in 04 where I did bio, eng adv and 3u maths all in the combined form and I'm continuing on this year at bankstown, gymea & wollongong doing 3&4u eng, 4u math, physics, chemistry& legal. The reason I'm doing so many is that:
a) I bombed in my hsc for 3u math, hence my warning about extensions in 1 year
b) I need a UAI over 98.45 for my course so....

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
um, when I did my info day they lectured us about how we would destroy our lives if we didn't act like adults then they assigned us an interview time based on alphabetical order, to this interview u r meant to bring either your Yr 10 cert or your CGVE or your prelim/hsc results, some form of ID and proof of centrelink exemption if u have it. Also they'll tell u the exact fee u should pay since I forget the price but do not pay in cash as they will not except it

69^boi

HSC
N/A
thanks sasky and kami would you need your parent consent/signature to give the 'ok' to do the hsc?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
nope I was 16 when I enrolled in yr 10 there they only need your parent's sig for excursions

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
unless you or a parent have centrelink benefits you're supposed pay 300 sumthing dollar enrollment fee on the day + 50 bucks materials fee that said there are some people who simply didn't pay till they were a month away from exams

I'm also thinking that perhaps a mod should sticky this thread or sumthin so it doesn't slip into obscurity.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
Man this feels kinda frustuating a bit having to wait on ''info session'' and then doing the application process etc...anywayz hope to get this done n ova with!

Sasky

HSC
kami said:
Gymea in 04 where I did bio, eng adv and 3u maths all in the combined form and I'm continuing on this year at bankstown, gymea & wollongong doing 3&4u eng, 4u math, physics, chemistry& legal. The reason I'm doing so many is that:
a) I bombed in my hsc for 3u math, hence my warning about extensions in 1 year
b) I need a UAI over 98.45 for my course so....
I'd be doing two extensions - crap. Well, Ive done prelim and a bit of yr12 english extension, as well having done the history ext last year anyway - do u think it'll be a little easier?

duggoh

Adam
HSC
ive accepeted a place at bradfield... that ross yates dude seems really nice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)