HSC IPT 2007 Discussion (2 Viewers)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
o.bi.sess said:
The ease of IPT being said, this year's test completely threw me. The last question had me going "WTF?!?!" and freaking out.

That, plus the fact that I accidentally answered two questions in one booklet.:eek: Considering my class only had six people in it, I could feel everyone staring at me and sniggering quietly into their own booklets. So embarrassing.
New stuff did take me by surprise, I wish I did more research but I'm fine with Band 6. :D
The iPhone question in the Multimedia section is a lesson that you can't rely on old textbooks like Heinemann for keeping up with the latest information technology.

Martyno1 said:
Haha same here too
Reading more stuff like this, I've started to not regret taking Biology for the HSC.
IPT is a pure bludge subject if you have the skills, kids. :)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Forbidden. said:
New stuff did take me by surprise, I wish I did more research but I'm fine with Band 6. :D
The iPhone question in the Multimedia section is a lesson that you can't rely on old textbooks like Heinemann for keeping up with the latest information technology.
And here I always thought "new stuff in IPT" was an oxymoron. That grid thing for the iPhone was just plain confusing.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Forbidden said:
It is the examiners' forte to confuse students with whatever they can.
But why'd they have to be all "creative" with our year? :(

I mean, the past HSC papers were all so straight-forward and nice. Then there's 2007, the black sheep of the white-picket fence IPT family.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
o.bi.sess said:
But why'd they have to be all "creative" with our year? :(

I mean, the past HSC papers were all so straight-forward and nice. Then there's 2007, the black sheep of the white-picket fence IPT family.
I reckon overall the 2006 papers were easier than 2007 papers.
I think this intensive crack down has extended to other HSC subjects, they've asked for our knowledge on a particular practical work in all the electives in Biology, Physics and Chemistry to catch us off guard.
Maybe throughout the IPT examiners' endeavours at following suit with other examiners they would find the latest information systems many of us are unaware of or the most complicated information systems for us to decipher in misery, damn the iPhone and prisoner tags respectively.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I reckon overall the 2006 papers were easier than 2007 papers.
I think this intensive crack down has extended to other HSC subjects, they've asked for our knowledge on a particular practical work in all the electives in Biology, Physics and Chemistry to catch us off guard.
Don't talk to me anout Physics. T.T I got a 5 mark difference between my School Assessment mark and the HSC Assessment mark. Just scraped into a band 6 (I know I really shouldn't be complaining, but c'mon! 5 marks!!). And when I came out of the test I was so happy too 'cause I thought I did pretty darn fantastic on it.

Forbidden. said:
Maybe throughout the IPT examiners' endeavours at following suit with other examiners they would find the latest information systems many of us are unaware of or the most complicated information systems for us to decipher in misery, damn the iPhone and prisoner tags respectively.
Amen brother. I will never look at iPhones in the same way again.

independantz

HSC
Lol, so did you guys consistently study for Ipt or just cram the night before. :jaw:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I wonder what will be in the HSC IPT 2008 paper ...

independantz said:
Lol, so did you guys consistently study for Ipt or just cram the night before. :jaw:
Last year, I learned and studied the content from IPT textboooks and study guides now and then but the study greatly intensifies before the exam.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
independantz said:
Crammed the night before. I remember that I didn't even start studying for the HSC until after my Maths Ext I exam and the morning of the IPT exam. Last minute, no?

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
I also crammed the night before.

Exam Mark 88, HSC Mark 87. Thats probably not gonna count towards my UAI cause i plan to get higher than that for all my year 12 subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)