HSC Legal Studies Predictions (1 Viewer)

Dogs4Life

HSC
so they could ask a question requiring domestic and international?
Evaluate the effectiveness of domestic and international measures in dealing with international crime? or something like that, its in the syllabus

Smooth Operator

HSC
and for a full mark response how many measures would you want to be including for each of international and domestic - 3-4?
Sounds good, I'd have around 5-6 body paragraphs and/or including a nice tie-in, evaluate paragraph to tie it all up then a conclusion. It depends though on time really.

Dogs4Life

HSC
Sounds good, I'd have around 5-6 body paragraphs and/or including a nice tie-in, evaluate paragraph to tie it all up then a conclusion. It depends though on time really.
I reckon 2 for each, showing both effectiveness and ineffectiveness. I got this question in my trials, and got 15/15 doing 2 for each, but just 1 sided. It was around 800 words

invalidvalidity

HSC
Yeah, definitely something like this could come up.
Can confirm. I think I saw it in a past paper. It wasn't too specific though, I just found it - 'to what extent do domestic and international criminal justice systems achieve just and fair outcomes?' So yes, huge question. Tbh would be better for 25 marks.

Last edited:

Rockmelt

HSC
Can confirm. I think I saw it in a past paper. It wasn't too specific though, I just found it - 'to what extent do domestic and international criminal justice systems achieve just and fair outcomes?' So yes, huge question. Tbh would be better for 25 marks.
Yeah, seems you could do a 15 marker on domestic OR international, both would be suuper busy. Could be good though. You'd also have to deal with "just" and "fair".

invalidvalidity

HSC
I predict something like young offenders or maybe even the question above. Or perhaps something specific to any criminal process, like 'evaluate the effectiveness of...". Btw, how is everyone preparing for the option essays? Is it better to write a plan during the exam? I'm scared my response won't seem very eloquent. I should probably practice first, right?

tamtheman

HSC
Anyone got any legal study trial papers they are willing to share? Pretty please?

Smooth Operator

HSC
I reckon 2 for each, showing both effectiveness and ineffectiveness. I got this question in my trials, and got 15/15 doing 2 for each, but just 1 sided. It was around 800 words
Is your teacher an 'easy' marker? One sided as in you didn't really 'evaluate'? Around 800 words should be enough for 15 marks but yeah I reckon if you've got time to do more it surely can't hurt.

I predict something like young offenders or maybe even the question above. Or perhaps something specific to any criminal process, like 'evaluate the effectiveness of...". Btw, how is everyone preparing for the option essays? Is it better to write a plan during the exam? I'm scared my response won't seem very eloquent. I should probably practice first, right?
You can easily fit in max 2 mins each extended response to do a scaffold. It does help with coherency and getting your thoughts down and remembering them, potentially saving you time while smashing your response out.

Dogs4Life

HSC
Is your teacher an 'easy' marker? One sided as in you didn't really 'evaluate'? Around 800 words should be enough for 15 marks but yeah I reckon if you've got time to do more it surely can't hurt.

Kinda, but he took it to a pilot marking centre and they all determined it was a 15 cause the standard set out this year for the international crime essays was very poor.

tamtheman

HSC

Kinda, but he took it to a pilot marking centre and they all determined it was a 15 cause the standard set out this year for the international crime essays was very poor.
You could easily do it as you've said.

Peeps I'm starting to think it won't be on international law just because that's what everyone is preparing for most. Anyone else share this thought?

boyzac

HSC
N/A
If they DO ask an international law question it HAS to have domestic measures because, can you imagine how easy an "international law" question would be for a World Order student? In fact, even if it does have domestic measures, the students from the World Order elective would be way too advantaged. So I have a feeling they won't ask international law... could be wrong though, CSSA gave us that question.

Our teacher reckons it'll most likely be "Young Offenders" or "Criminal Investigation Process" if it does happen to focus specifically on just one area

Law reform would be pretty good for a broad question

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on all the 2014 trial papers I had and done (from: independent to Catholic) I predict that you will be asked on

the Legal System and Control Order for multies

common law, human rights features and protection with relevant examples, effectiveness of legal and non legal methods in promotion/enforcing/protecting human rights with relevant examples in short answer

for Crime is effectiveness/extent on law reform in Criminal Justice System or how effective/to what extent of which the law reflect moral and ethical standards

for Consumers is how effective or to what extent laws relating to consumers as a reflection of changing values and ethical standards with reference to contemporary issue(s)/the effectiveness or extent that the role of law reform in recognising the rights of consumers with reference to contemporary issue(s)/the effectiveness or extent of legal and non legal responses in achieving justice for consumers with reference to contemporary issue(s)

for Workplace is the role of the law in encoraging coorperation and resolving conflict in the workplace with reference to contemporary issue(s)/how effective or to what extent laws relating to workplace as a reflection of changing values and ethical standardswith reference to contemporary issue(s)/the effectiveness or extent that the role of law reform in recognising the rightsand enforcing responsibilities in the workplace with reference to contemporary issue(s)

Last edited:

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm predicting that for human rights short answers there will be a question worth between 4-7 marks on the ICC and the ICJ

Elixir

HSC
Got any predictions for family though?
I'm thinking possibly a specific contemporary issue and a general question about contemporary issues, don't think it will be on responses to problems in family relationship because quite simply they often seem very generic and have been asked a bunch in the past.

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)