HSC Mathematics Tutoring (1 Viewer)

sicmacao

HSC
HSC 2U 3U 4U Mathematics 1 on 1 Tutoring

I am currently working as a full time high school mathematics teacher in a Sydney government high school. I have experienced in teaching Mathematics Extension 2 (4 unit), Mathematics Extension 1 (3 unit), Mathematics (2 unit), General Mathematics as well as year 7 to year 10 mathematics. I have also tutored Mathematics at University Level as well as preparing primary students for selective school tests.

Experience
=========
High School +
=========
A fulltime mathematics teacher in a Sydney government high school

Many of my students this year got band 5 and 6 in Mathematics (band 6 is the top band), E3 and E4 in mathematics extension 1 and extension 2 (E4 is the top brand for extension courses)

I have taught Mathematics Extension 1 (3 unit) and Mathematics Extension 2 (4 unit) at North Shore Coaching College
I have taught Mathematics Extension 1 (3 unit) and Mathematics Extension 2 (4 unit) at Sydney Boys high School.
I have tutored Mathematics Extension 1 (3 unit) and General Mathematics at James An Coaching College
I have collaborated with experienced HSC Markers to write and edit the annual HSC Mathematical Association of New South Wales HSC Mathematics Solution Booklets for 3 years.

========
University +
========
I have marked the University of New South Wales mathematics examination papers for 2 years
I have tutored in mathematics at the University of New South Wales for 2 years. Many of the first year university students that I had tutored had gained confidence in studying university mathematics.
Subjects that I have experienced tutoring are
MATH1151 Mathematics for Actuarial Studies
MATH1131 Mathematics 1A
MATH1231 Mathematics 1B

I have privately tutored the following University of Sydney Mathematics subjects
MATH1902 Linear Algebra (Advanced)
MATH1002 Linear Algebra
MATH1011: Life Sciences Calculus

Qualifications
========
University +
========
Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education (major in mathematics) from the University of New South Wales.
High Distinction average for my university mathematics subjects
I was awarded university scholarship for two years to do university mathematics research
I was awarded the School of Mathematics Teachers' scholarship from the university of New South Wales
I was awarded the School of Mathematics Price for the best performance in my degree.

==================
University Subject marks +
==================
MATH1141 Higher Mathematics 1A 98
MATH2601 Higher Linear Algebra 99
MATH2620 Higher Complex Analysis 97
MATH3911 Higher Statistical Inference 97

=========
High School +
=========
I have gained 100 in HSC mathematics extension 1 (3 unit)
I have gained 97 in HSC mathematics extension 2 (4 unit)

Groups of two (min 1.5 hours)
$30 per hour per person

Groups of three or more
$25 per hour per person

1 on 1 Secondary Maths
$50 per hour
$70 per 1.5 hrs
$90 per per 2 hours

1 on 1 University Mathematics courses
$60 per hour

*The above rates are subject to change

You can contact me by sic@unswalumni.com

Last edited:

michael1990

HSC
WOW impressive credentials.

How much will you charge?

And where are you from?

alicia4102

HSC
hey im lookin for a tutor.. what area you in? how much and what days are you available?

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
If sicmacao is who I think he is.. then he definitely knows his stuff.
EDIT: confirmed..

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
Think he did his practical teaching training at your school so you probably wouldn't know him.
Not sure if it is good etiquette to give the name of someone on a forum
It's not that hard to figure out if you google for recipients of the mentioned scholarships.
http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au/images/113_1333.JPG

Last edited:

conics2008

HSC
Hey sicmacao, I know im going to go off topics but I'm thinking about the same degree you did in uni.

B Education/B Science ( Major Mathematics ) ... Can you tell me what exactly do they teach you...

Like whats soo good about that degree I enjoy maths and physics but why 5 years... can u give me a run down of the degree. thanks

sicmacao

HSC
You don't need 5 years. 4 years is sufficient at UNSW but 5 years are required in USyd but you get an honours degree in education. The good thing about unsw is that you get to choose whether to do honours in maths or education if you decide to complete in 5 years while at usyd you are forced to do 5 years even if you don't do honours in education. But if you do want to do honours in maths at usyd, then it will take you 6 years almost the equivalent of doing medincine, doesn't worth the time. However if you want to study maths at usyd then you can do 3 years of undergrad or 4 years with honours then do a one year diploma of education at UNSW. Some of my class mate did that. Or probably better to do one year of education at UTS as they offer a one year bachelor of education program. So you get a degree instead of a diploma although both qualifications allows you to teach in schools.

Did you go to UNSW open day?

Last edited:

sicmacao

HSC
The good thing about the degree that I did is that it qualifies you to become a teacher. You don't have to do that degree if you plan not to become a teacher, you may consider bachelor of advanced science at usyd which they offer a lot of challenging courses in maths and sciences.

I think probably you may double major in both maths and physics. I'm not sure whether usyd or unsw offers more flexibility.

You still have up to the end of the year to decide. Concentration on the HSC now and get the best mark you can get and make yourself and your parents proud. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)