HSC performance pieces (1 Viewer)

SpAzTiC

HSC
well seems im one in a million at the moment....

Core: Emily - From First to last (and no i dont sing it as high as him)
Elective 1: Bite To Break Skin - Senses Fail (Vocals)
Elective 2: Never Too Late - Three Days Grace (Vocals & Guitar)

i reckon bit of hardcore needs to be implemented...
get the examiners thinking

AmenoKitarou

HSC
Core: Carl Vine Bagatelles
Elective 1: Gigue - Graun
Elective 2: Prelude - Bach

I'm getting really depressed over elective 2....because I posted a video of me playing it on Yout Tube....and someone told me it was worse than dog shit >_<
...but my teacher didn't seem to think it was bad....

I need this for my trials... please kill me now >_<

g320033

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
<3 Steve Vai
What is your opinion conservatory girl? Is steve vai all technique and no feel?
Which would you prefer technique or feel?

P.S. John mayer rule. I own the john mayer stratocater

JhK89

HSC
well im doing

Thais Meditation - Massanet
Rondo - Mozart
Concerto no1 2nd movement in D Opus 12 - Beethoven
Concerto something...- Vivaldi

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
g320033 said:
What is your opinion conservatory girl? Is steve vai all technique and no feel?
Which would you prefer technique or feel?

P.S. John mayer rule. I own the john mayer stratocater
I'm all for feel. Too bad most of the music out there lacks both worlds. I like technique so you can admire and learn. At the conservatorium, I learnt about a composer who is all technique, but his music sounds terrible. The concepts are smart, beyond this world - Elliott Carter - but his music, uh. I can admire his knowledge, but its hard to maintain some sort of balance.

I like steve vai for his technique, sometimes the feel, moreso technique...

Anyway, to my more passionate matters....

You.
Own.
What.
?

My gosh. How did you get that? How much? What led you to get it, are you a uber john mayer fan too?

I am seriously jealous. I'm cringing lol.

I think you're awesome for knowing I love John Mayer, I'm assuming from my signature?

*smiling from ear to ear*

g320033

HSC
My gosh. How did you get that? How much? What led you to get it, are you a uber john mayer fan too?

I am seriously jealous. I'm cringing lol.

I think you're awesome for knowing I love John Mayer, I'm assuming from my signature?

If you wanted to get one. I got the sunburts strat with the shell pickguard. It was $1300 US which is around $1800's ish. The postage was a bitch but and you have to pay a tax if its over 1000 so id would claim it under that.
Its a great guitar. I reckon its the best (not custom shop) strat out today
What guitar do you play?

I absolutly love john mayer. His new and old stuff

I personally have to thank him for introducing me to artists like SRV, the police, the whole blues genre and the electric guitar

Cant wait till the trio comes to sydney

P.S live.fast I downloaded/stole the song tender surrender by steve vai and it sucked. He should surrender in ever becoming a great song maker. Dont worry steve, the grass is always greener after suicide.

You dont need a pedal to solo

JakeFolbigg

HSC
hey everyone im doing

1. Dark Eyes - Bruce Mathiske
2. Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan
3. Day Tripper/Lady Maddona - Tommy Emmanuel
4. Blue Moon - Tommy Emmanuel

Peace...

GRX40
HSC
N/A
olivehehe said:
I'm probably doing 4 performances, if not 3 and a viva voce (got 17/20 for one in an assessment). Got a few songs in mind so far:

Piano
Konstantine - Something Corporate (9 mins long, but fairly simple, doing it with a singer too)

Guitar
Jesus of Suburbia - Green Day (easy enough to play, but I can do it well and that's pretty important)
Something metallica (because everyone knows a metallica solo is impressive to a marker, if i can pull it off)
The Nightmare's Beginning - Vincent's Theme from Final Fantasy 7 (I know it sounds like a strange choice, but it's a classical guitar piece, and my music teacher said it would be a good one to play)
Something Corporate and Final Fantasy VII? Finally, someone with the same music tastes that I have! I commend your proposed performances. It seems somewhat ironic that you're performing songs from both Green Day and Metallica. One band is criticised for power chord abuse, while the other is praised for its solos.

g320033 said:
Hello,
i play GUITAR im playing 4 perf
- Instrument and its rep - train to dusseldorf tommy emanuel
-Jazz -the girl from ipanema stan getz
-Core -lenny srv
-Rock music -????????help me i do not know??????????

Please no suggestions of anything remotely emo,punk e.g Muse,yellowcard or any shred players e.g. steve vai because thay all suck

Maybe a good santana,hendrix,60s or 70s song with minimal to no vocals.

Also, don't play these songs becase I am too good and anything else will pale in comparison. And are school always goes first ahhaha

Thanks
I was going to suggest Avenged Sevenfold for your rock performance, but I doubt you would enjoy their music, seeing as Muse is considered to be "emo". How about Don't Fear The Reaper or the Back To The Future version of Johnny B Goode? They may have too much singing for your liking, though. Play Fade To Black. I demand it.

cracker barrel said:
Satriani - Always with Me, Always with You
Good song choice, cracker barrel!

I cannot believe that people are actually performing songs I like for the HSC. I was under the impression that Music students only played piano and/or violin and burnt guitarists at the stake.

You're all doing Music 1, right?

TDLS89

HSC
im doing
SRV- Little wing
SRV/my own thing/Hendrix's-Voodoo child
Villa Lobos-Prelude #4
Eric Johnson- Song for george

If anyone wants to help me out with any of these pieces i.e. hints to grasping SRV's phrasing it would be greatly appreciated,

g320033

HSC
Hello guys,
I have to apologise about my 'Muse' comments. I had mistaken them for a different crappy band. To be honest, i have never heard anything by the 'real' Muse. I dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

To the TDLS89 guy,
stevie rays licks are all about his timing and his right hand. He knows exactly when to to hit a note, not necessarily the note he plays on the frets. He also know when to play and when to pause. Don't just play a solo non stop for 5 minutes. Keep them interested, take a breathe.

Good choices although you should have a more broad genre of music. Show off you variety

TDSL isnt that an ibanez pedal

Last edited:

TDLS89

HSC
Nope its the name of our band The Dirty Little Secrets, no we dont play punk or emo shit, were a retro band . thanx for the tip.. , i was whatching him live and realised he's dynamics in his phrasing wasnt so pronounced, led me to thinking that the recording has seen some mixing, im not sure tho.

sinist4

HSC
hey... is any one doing rap, i.e. 50 cent? :)
would you actually ge any marks for doing a thugg-ish rap... LOL, i mean with the beat boxing and all. :D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
sinist4 said:
hey... is any one doing rap, i.e. 50 cent? :)
would you actually ge any marks for doing a thugg-ish rap... LOL, i mean with the beat boxing and all. :D
You could if you wanted.

I personally just feel that rap, which consists of a loop, where only you have rhythm, accents and dynamics to have to work with.... don't expect the greatest of marks...

You don't have to listen to me though, go straight ahead

charlio

HSC
I'm playing (on violin):

Elegy - Shostakovich
Meditation - Massenet
Bach Double

richo90

HSC
Im doing my HSC next yr and i was lookin 4 some good songs on for Alto Sax...any suggestions any1?

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
Guitar (Wolfgang, van halen rocks)

Joe Satriani - Always with you, Always with me
Jeff Healy - While my guitar gently weeps (originally the beatles)
Steve Vai - Purple Haze (originally Jimi Hendrix)
Smooth - Santana and rob thomas

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
g320033 said:
Muse and steve vai do suck.
Steve vai is all technique and NO feel. Ask your music techer which one they would prefer or have more of and everyone will say feel.
Muse just sucks. Their emo act represents everything wrong with music today.

What is your display pic of? John mayer? His cool. you should listen to him and hear some real music with real heart

Go...

... Burn..

... In...

...Hell.

I've seen Steve Vai live twice now (and once more later this year), he is all feel.
Go fuck yourself before you judge players better than you and tear them down thanks to your inability to achieve what they have done.

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
richo90 said:
Im doing my HSC next yr and i was lookin 4 some good songs on for Alto Sax...any suggestions any1?
Money - Pink Floyd
Giant Steps - John Coltrane

Well I guess anything that is Latin/Bossa Nova/Smooth Jazz - Anything by Stan Getz.

And anything that you like I guess you could do arrangements for them.

g320033

HSC
Grandor said:
Go...

... Burn..

... In...

...Hell.

I've seen Steve Vai live twice now (and once more later this year), he is all feel.
Go fuck yourself before you judge players better than you and tear them down thanks to your inability to achieve what they have done.

The only thing steve vai feels is himself. You said you went and saw him live twice. See if you can still get a refund while you can . I saw him play live once and he played in front of an electric fan so his girly hair would move around. What a gay pretty boy(or should i say girl).
Steve vai does not plays songs, he plays scales. "He is not a good song writer but he is a good sound maker"

I wish their were no more people in schools thinking that stev vai is the bomb when clearly he isnt. The only people that listen to him are guitar players, and guess what "Guitar players are easy to please"

P.S i was reading this guitar magzine and their was an article for this famous guitar player Michael Angelo Batio (fellow shred guitar player like stev vai) And he says i quote:
"shedder is used much like virtuso was used in the 1800s. They called Franz Liszt a virtuoso as an insult, suggesting that he was all technique and no feel.

And can we please stop attacking me because i dont like steve vai. You guys are getting really protective over him like his your boyfreind. Dont just like something because all your friends think is cool or those senior music people were listening to it while you were in year 7. Find what u love to listen too and if you do that, deep down you will realise that he is a load of crap. But dont take my word for it. If you do like him, listen to him just download it so you dont waste your money.

g im so good i could of been a debator

6erAnimeBassist

HSC
LOL u ppl.
I played on my 6 string bass:
norwegian wood - victor wooten
teen town - Jaco Pastorious (with jazz ensemble that I arranged)
Portrait of Tracy/Continuum - Jaco Pastorius

and got 19/20 for each in my trials.

Steve Vai has alot of feeling I guess its cause u stupid teenagers cant understand that one can playing technically profiscient and have feeling. At your age you all think in black and white terms.
"Either they play crap and therfore have feeling or they play excellently and because of that have no feeling." Thats what you think and that way of thinking shows your ignorance.
Btw dont repsond to me claim thats not what u think cause i know im right so STFU.
PWNT NOOBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)