HSC Reader/Writer (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I was a reader/writer for a guy at my school today for the HSC PD/H/PE exam and I didn't write or read a word. He read the test himself and I only did the multiple choice. I was talking to him afterwards and he said he's got A.D.D, and he can't absorb and recall information he learns. During the exam, he filled out the blue attendance slip and insisted on writing his own student number.

I thought I'd actually be needed for something and was heloing this guy out a bit...but he didn't want to write a word of anything...and he can physically write. The question I ask is, how does the Board of Studies allocate a reader/writer to a guy like this of which a reader/writer will be of absolutely no use what-so-ever. There was no way I could have helped him.

Has anybody else been involved with someone as a reader/writer in the HSC or School Certificate? If so, how did it go and what were your thoughts?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I dunno...

I figure it's not whether you actually help him or not, but if by any chance he needed it, there is someone to turn to... which seems like a comforting thought within itself...

I'm actually not sure. But good work!

nomz

yeah when i was in year 10 I was a scribe for one girl for all her HSC exams- the only thing was she did it all herself... so i just had to sit around and watch her for 3 hours each time thinking ok, why the hell am i here? But i got out of class so i didn't care....

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
nook said:
yeah when i was in year 10 I was a scribe for one girl for all her HSC exams- the only thing was she did it all herself... so i just had to sit around and watch her for 3 hours each time thinking ok, why the hell am i here? But i got out of class so i didn't care....

Same thing happened to me 4 trials i did it 4 a yr 12 grl coz the teachers convinced her to have one...she didnt need me and was just talking to me abt skool and stuff in the middle of the exam lol!

cko

HSC
wow how interesting... how do u get to b one of those anwayz?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Slack man... that happened to me... well like for yr10 I broke my thumb in the middle of SC and couldnt write but there were no scribes left so I couldnt have one and had to write it myself and on short notice they couldnt get one either.. but some didnt even need their scribe and aI was sitting there with a broken thumb writing it.. i dotn think it was very legable but whatever... band 4 w00t

kylie_robbo

Well I injured my right arm (writing arm) on the Wed before the 2002 SC .... I cut my arm just below the elbow on the ledge of a whiteboard at school - 10cms long, 1 cm wide, 1 cm deep - Doctor couldn't put in stitches because of a malpractice case against him (have since changed doctors)... But it was too late for the school to orgainise a writer for me for the SC, but the School Captain, Amy, who I knew from outside of school (Biblestudy) felt sorry for me, and she offered to the school to be my writer for the yr 10 final exams in the days after the SC...

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
it's a nice thing to do for those who need it

LaurenB

HSC
I broke my finger just before the trials so i typed my exams, but obviously for domethings you need to write them. SO the school forced me to have a scribe (who sucked) but i wrote most of it myself and then felt sorry for her so i got her to write some stuff. Sucks though cos now my nail is coming off and is painful for HSC. 1st hockey injury ever...what timing

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
My guy needed it. I didn't mind doing it.

Only trouble was my own handwriting wasn't that good or fast. Still, we finished the exam before the time was up, and my writing was legible enough.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
LaurenB said:
I broke my finger just before the trials so i typed my exams, but obviously for domethings you need to write them. SO the school forced me to have a scribe (who sucked) but i wrote most of it myself and then felt sorry for her so i got her to write some stuff. Sucks though cos now my nail is coming off and is painful for HSC. 1st hockey injury ever...what timing
w00t! hockey injuries... gotta love em' Ive had too many to count including a broken nose from a head butt. Go hockey!

santaslayer

HSC
taxman said:
I was a reader/writer for a guy at my school today for the HSC PD/H/PE exam and I didn't write or read a word. He read the test himself and I only did the multiple choice. I was talking to him afterwards and he said he's got A.D.D, and he can't absorb and recall information he learns. During the exam, he filled out the blue attendance slip and insisted on writing his own student number.

I thought I'd actually be needed for something and was heloing this guy out a bit...but he didn't want to write a word of anything...and he can physically write. The question I ask is, how does the Board of Studies allocate a reader/writer to a guy like this of which a reader/writer will be of absolutely no use what-so-ever. There was no way I could have helped him.

Has anybody else been involved with someone as a reader/writer in the HSC or School Certificate? If so, how did it go and what were your thoughts?
I was a reader when I was in year 11...this guy was a bit slow...but yeah he was cool, i read his IPT paper the whole way through and i got to go home at 6:30pm...lucky me...! :p
i also got a certificate for it at the end of YEAR 12...:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)