hsc results question (1 Viewer)

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
ok wat i understand is that we can access our hsc results on the 19th.
When we get our results, do we just get our results for each subject or do we also get an overall mark like we do for UAI?
If we get an overall mark, how is this mark calculated? like is it just an average of all our marks or wat?

thanx peeps

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
When you get your results on dec 19th, you get a course mark, assessment mark, and HSC mark (average of course and assessment) for each subject.

There is no such thing as an overall mark. The UAI you receive on dec. 20th is an overall rank in the state not a mark. It is calculated based on the addition of all the scaled marks for your best 10 units and you obtain an aggregate out of 500.

The UAI is not an average of all your marks.

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
When you get your results on dec 19th, you get a course mark, assessment mark, and HSC mark (average of course and assessment) for each subject.

There is no such thing as an overall mark. The UAI you receive on dec. 20th is an overall rank in the state not a mark. It is calculated based on the addition of all the scaled marks for your best 10 units and you obtain an aggregate out of 500.

The UAI is not an average of all your marks.
You sound like a Board of Studies document.
"The Board of Studies does not scale, UAC scales blah blah blah"

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Don't mock him... it saves me typing out that rote-learned paragraph now. :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
By now, everyone shouldve got the UAI FAQ letter from UAC, and that explains everything VERY clearly!
I'll scan it up soon so that the 2003 group have a reference

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i have a question bout the UAI calculation if a person does da hsc but does not wish 2 receive a UAI from UAC than does s/he marks receive from da bos sent 2 UAC for scaling even though that person does not want a UAI cause.
if it did wouldn't that disadvantage da people that want a UAI cause there dragging other people down.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Everyone who takes a course is included in the scaling process, regardless of whether or not they want a UAI.

Students who don't want a UAI usually still want their HSC marks (for employers and so on) - and if not, why would they be doing their HSC in the first place?

The UAI ranks you against your state age cohort, and so must include everyone, or the ranking would not be accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)